Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Bright Side

My typical attire consists of anything black, often with dark gothic themes or fun feline images. For a rare outing, however, I decided to pull out a colorful sweater long stored away. Upon purchase in the mid nineties, this garment was way too large for me.

Colorful enough, you think?
But the steep price had been reduced to a level I couldn’t resist. I always wore another shirt underneath and took great care while eating lunch back in my secretarial days. I believe it’s been washed exactly once, tucked in a drawer but not forgotten. 


Bird of Paradise
The colors seemed an ideal way to light up these dreary times. Sad to say I feel rather like a sack of potatoes in anything nowadays. ~sigh~ However, the garment did fit and its silk embroidery cheered my soul.

A rose by any other name...
Taken off the moment we returned home, in part to keep the fabric clean and also because I overheat so easily, it will be aired out and folded away for another wintry day. My well fitting olive green denim pants enhanced the color pallet, too, another bonus.


My favorite - the butterflies
Can you believe this remained fresh smelling after years folded beneath rotated workout and gardening clothes? Do you store any clothing long term? If so are there sachets, cedar planks, or any such thing that you use to fend off mustiness?

-

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I have three sizes of clothes. Small, medium and large. I'm currently in large and it seems that's where I'll be staying. I need to go through and get rid of the stuff I don't wear. I have no idea what these old clothes smell like. Now you're going to make me go sniff.

    Have a fabulous day. Stay well. ♥

    ReplyDelete





  2. I love that! So vibrant and colourful - I bet that really suits you.
    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect



    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice and colorful. It's fun to be able to wear something you've had forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. _Brilliant_ move, for these trying times!!!!!!

    Now aren't you glad you kept it???? Plus, if you kept it, you really way-deep-down liked it. Other wise you'd have dumped it, after the first wearing. Heh-heh-heh.... I do love deeply buried, tricks our minds, play on us. >,-))))<---And Yes! This proves I have been in, tooooo long.

    Oh what a delightful feeling!!! To feel like a sack of anything, in one's clothing. In order to do this, one has to be teeny, tiny, underneath that clothing. Needless to say, I never feel thus. -pout-

    Put on your thinking cap,
    I have a question for you tomorrow.

    🌸💜🌸 🌸💜🌸 🌸💜🌸 🌸💜🌸 🌸💜🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I look forward to your question. But no, I'm not tiny. I look like a bag of potatoes in a too small bag. Heh... Take care!

      Delete
  5. Trying to get to the point that if I don't wear them, they go. I have so many clothes...That was a tad colorful but I bet you looked nice in it. Like you, almost any given day, I have on something with black in it. I love BLACK. Today, gray shorts and a black and white top. I am way out there on a lot of things but my clothes are not really part of that, well, only my socks. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. I remained fat, just brightly so. Heh... Your socks always crack me up. Take care!

      Delete
  6. That is very pretty. I do put cedar blocks in with sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought about buying cedar blocks for my husband's clothing. Weirdly, he said the stale smell has disappeared. ??? Thanks for all the kind words.

      Delete
  7. If I haven't worn it in a year, it goes into the donation box!
    My mother always put old bars of soap in our clothes drawers, and I've been doing the same. A random sachet of something gets stuffed into the back of a shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my undersized clothing is long gone except for concert shirts. :) I just couldn't let this top go, even after I quit wearing sweaters. And now I'm glad. :) Thanks for the tips!

      Delete
  8. And now I am back, with a link, to my latest post... A pertinent question... It's in my Sig. Line below....

    So.... What happens AFTER??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! ~grin~ National policies definitely need to change. ~nods~ I wish you well, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!