Saturday, April 11, 2020

Comical Confusion, Regal Repose, & Sheer Silliness


The Nose Knows:

We had a good laugh here yesterday. My husband researched how to make safety masks (thanks to Strayer's informative post) and found we lacked elastic. Fiddling around with Easter decorations as a diversion, I discovered a solution and proceeded to bring a silly child’s toy to his desk. “I don’t think that will help,” he said to my utter befuddlement.


"What's up, Doc?"
It took a full day for me to realize his mistake. For some reason, he only saw the bunny nose and thought I meant that as a mask. I suppose I could have been offended he thought me so clueless, but past decades with him has proven his esteem of my wits. For such a smart guy, he can be too focused and miss what seems obvious to me. “Just remove and use the elastic,” I explained, to our mutual amusement.

A Day in the Life of a Princess:

After exhausting histrionics to have her food presented four different times before cleaning her plate, ‘Princess’ Jezebel retired to the master bedroom. I walked in to find her quite comfortable, her royal head upon my pillow. Of course she had to lift her head and look at the camera, but at least she no longer goes into hyper motion when it points in her direction.


Comfy Kitty
Not surprising, she left our bedroom when I moved to my desk in the guest bedroom. Luna used to occupy that very space, poking my tender inner upper arm if she wanted attention.

"Oh, excuse me. Are you here, too?"

Jezebel, bless her, acted her true self and quickly wandered off. Likewise, she wanted nothing to do with me photographing her sniffing inside the bunny nose.
Right before she hooked
a claw upon the elastic,
further establishing
her distain.
Dragon “Update”:

Named to honor her ‘native’ California wine country, Bordeaux surprised me again this gray morning. I’m not sure how viable that second egg might be. It looks a little 'circus clown'. I cooed over it, of course, for proud dragon mama’s sake.


???
Heh…

I am so fortunate having the luxury of such distractions. An even bigger blessing is a spouse following the news so I don’t have to.

Do you mind the occasional sentence ending in a proposition? Should I offer Bordeaux some soft material for her ‘nest’?

~snicker~

-

15 comments:

  1. Even bright guys, can have an "off-day" now and then. -giggles-

    Enjoyed your whole post, but.... Having to cut back on time at computer and all that jazzzzzz... will leave it, at that. -smile-

    We will hug again
    💛 💛 💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I hope your back improves soon and you figure out how to keep it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put the rabbit nose on the fabric mask...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! :) If things get to that point, I'll have to do something whimsical. Be well!

      Delete
  4. HAHA....Yep, sometimes people can only focus on what they are thinking about at that given time! And I know it happens, I prob am just as bad BUT...I so dislike it when something, esp a joke is missed and I have to explain it! haha.....and that Dragon apparently has been sneaking out to have some fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be bad that way, as well, for sure. Thanks for the giggle.

      Delete
  5. That is funny :) Jezebel is a cutie. I hope you have a nice Easter despite the social isolation. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I rewrite, but lately I do not, when I goof up like ending the sentence incorrectly. I have become lazy. Another little dragon on th e way. I'm telling you, WATCH OUT! Reproducing dragons could cause you trouble down the road. They do breath fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never call you lazy. ~nods~ And thanks for the giggle. Be well!

      Delete
  7. I am sure making masks is the most popular DIY activity worldwide.
    We too made three of them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ EASTER ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4/12

    Happy, Happy, Happy...💛💚💜

    & Please keep blogging...!!!! 💛💚💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!