Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Better Days (Who is That in the Photo?)

Why, it's me in the photo below, though you'd never know it today. My husband and I were vacationing in Charleston, North Carolina. As a side note, I wasn't too pleased with him over the weeks leading up to and following the trip but we managed to enjoy ourselves overall.



The image is grainy, but this was way back, when My Space was the big social media platform. Having only signed up to communicate with my nephew serving with the US Army in Iraq, I chose this for my home page image. My how things have changed, though my nephew continues thriving in Stateside military protective service.

I set up our old camera to photograph myself rather than request assistance. ~grin~ However, we laughed together numerous times, especially when outdated Magellan satellite mapping software showed us driving into a river rather than over the new city bridge.

Do you remember when cameras had a timer and you didn't need a 'selfie stick'? Can you imagine not having today's satellite guidance? How ever did we manage?

-

15 comments:

  1. The Hubby will not use GPS or mobile phones, or any type of camera...old or new...so, for him, he's still living in the past, and is damn glad to be! Except, when he needs to find out if there is traffic ahead, or what the temperature is, or 'look how cute the cats are being!'...then, I have to do all of these things for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that's funny. He's taken things a step further than me, borrowing the family smart phone when traveling alone, but otherwise carrying my 'dumb' cell phone. Heh... But I cannot imagine life without cameras. :) Be well!

      Delete
  2. Lookin' Good, there Girl!!!!!!

    Yes, remember timers but never managed them. lol

    Still don't have How To Get Some Place, in our car. But we don't go far. -smile-

    Ahhhh, I have been on a Down Memory Lane kick. And you are too. There is something comforting, about memories, at a time such as this. -smile-

    Stay safe.
    🌱🌺🌹🌸🌱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet we would have fun talking face to face. Take care!

      Delete
  3. You're most beautiful. Inside and out.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic....looking good. Yes I remember when we had NO COMPUTERS, CELL PHONES and only had 4 local tv stations. My camera required pulling the pic from where it slid out and shaking it to dry. Yep...I loved my cameras way back when. What are you talking about girl....my big cameras have timers on them but they require a stand all there own. I have had a selfie stick for a couple of yrs and just started using it right as this virus hit cause Julie always wants a pic of the Dream Team and the bride and groom and it was getting hard to stretch that arm that far. So I keep it in the car now. HAHA...I need to pull some of my old, old pics and do a blog about that. Matter of fact, I am not getting much done till 2 when I head to the chiro so I might go digging now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I look forward to your photographs! :) Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  5. I think my camera still has a timer. I know my brother's does. He likes to do group shots whenever people gather, and he has to be in the image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo of you. I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wish I could still fit into it. ~sigh~ That garment and many others went to charity many years ago.

      Delete
  7. Nice photo! Looking good, even though I know it was "back then".

    ReplyDelete
  8. One big difference between then and now is that now, immediately after clicking many of us have a look at the photo to see if it has come out okay, something that simply couldn't be done in those days. We had to wait for a few days to get the photo and then only we knew if it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure! I did have an instant Polaroid camera at one time, but it was still way slower than what's available now. Take care!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!