Sunday, April 19, 2020

Addicted

It's official, as if I didn't know. I'm a language geek. 

On Fridays, Liz of Laws of Gravity posts quizzes, in case you didn't know. I usually pass, especially when they involve popular culture. This one, however, has me going back for more, and more, and more. Heh...

Once I figured out that the word definitions move on whether or not you guess correctly, it became wayyyy too fun. (I really should read directions better. ~shakes head~) Anyway, I can't stop. Currently I'm on the letter W.

And my husband isn't the least bit surprised. We used to rock on Buzztime Trivia's Lexitopia game night. Hey, at least I'm no longer hurting my thumb with solitaire on my iPod Classic! ~grin~ Thanks, Liz.


Have you ever gone to a pub or restaurant's trivia night? Is there a trivia topic at which you would prevail?

-

14 comments:

  1. Well, my husband is *addicted* to cross-word puzzles!!!!! And he relies on me, for the "media" kind of questions. I remember actors, and films, and tv shows, and crazy bands, and etc. LOLLLLLLLLLL

    Oh and I can not sing, but I remember lyrics to soooooo many tunes. He has a beautiful voice, but can not remember the lyrics. -giggggles-

    Ahhhh, our *Super Powers*, hu?????

    Thank you so much,
    for your sweet comment,
    on "Clara."
    πŸŒΈπŸ’œπŸŒΈπŸ’œπŸŒΈπŸ’œπŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, wouldn't the two of us, be a Hoot, if we got together?!?!?!?

    -giggggggles-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to use words that other people think I've made up, or sent them to a dictionary! Guess it's because I read a lot, and am a historian at heart, so one gets used to old-timey phrases. The Hubby purchased a HUGE dictionary for me long ago, but he's the one who uses it, 'cause he's always sure that I'm 'not using that word correctly!'...but, I always am! Where I get into trouble, is when I'm typing like a bat out of hell, and hit send before I proofread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It takes me ages to type emails, blog posts, and even comments on occasion because I hate typos so much. Even worse, dangling participles all over modern media drive me nuts. Ugh... Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I too enjoyed doing that quiz. I love word games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you really like vocab games, have you tried freerice.com? (Man, I haven't played that one in ages...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never searched out online games, to be honest. :) Thanks for sharing another tip!

      Delete
  6. My friend's daughter hosts trivia night at a local restaurant ( before corona). She always begs me to go, but I am a hermit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who that person was that used to go out all the time with friends. ;) Be well!

      Delete
  7. HAHA...I SUCK at those quiz that Liz's puts up! I can't do that stuff if I have a clock ticking down. I panic. HAHA...Trivia night, NOPE. Neverf. I do however hold a file in my archives in the brain that is for USELESS knowledge! Although I might not be as smart as the average bear I am no dummy either. I just can't quiz like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!