Monday, April 20, 2020

Quote of the Day

“I did not know you could do that to a bagel,” my husband announced the other day.

He stood looking at my initial attempt to vacuum seal some of what we bought from My Favorite Muffin. It did not go well.  

Crushed

While a victimized corn muffin is visible above (lower left), you can also see that MFM bagels don’t really have a central hole either. This resulted in the underside of the suffocated baked goods appearing even more disturbing. The blueberry one looks like it’s smiling, which is creepy.

One out of frame looks disgusting.
(think of certain nether regions)
Ugh...

Fortunately, I learned that there is a way to stop the suction process. One must simply push the seal button to halt the vacuum. Hence, the rest of the uneaten dozen fared better. And I got good enough with the machine to customize a pouch, cutting off one pre-sealed edge. My husband says the maker of the machine doesn’t advise this, but I figure that’s just legalize in case some lawsuit happy nitwit tries to blame manufacturing for his or her own flawed seal spoiling their food.

Chef Boyardee, my favorite...
Wow, how was that last for a run-on sentence? On a serious note, should I try making fruity freezer pops? And on the impractical side, what unlikely item should I seal to prank my husband, something worth wasting a little plastic?

-

17 comments:

  1. HAHA...flattened that bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one powerful sealer. I was thinking about getting one of these. Still am so you've not ruined it for me. You did make me laugh though.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not have one of those *Dingle-Hoppers.*

    Question, why not just freeze these items? There must be a reason, but I don't know it. Maybe, they take up too much room in a freezer? -smile-

    And NO, I am not going to be your accomplice, in driving your poor husband, "up-a-wall" with one of your pranks!!!!!! LOL.

    Now, I expect you (hahhhhhhhh) to show him my comment, and he can see, that there is one of your Cohorts/Commenters, who is on his side.

    Yeah, sure.... you will show him... Hahhhhhh. >,-))))))

    Perhaps... Just perhaps... We have all been *INSIDE* too long??????? And we are losing some of our *marbles*????? >,-)))

    Nahhhhhhh, some of us, not naming names of course, have been a wee bit "spacey," for longer than lock down. Not that I would know anything about so being, of course!!!!!!!

    ⛅ ⛅ ⛅ ⛅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we don't have a deep freezer and so sealing really reduces freezer burn. I did tell my husband what you wrote about not being an accomplice, though not the nature of the prank. And I have an idea on that note. Heh... Actually, I haven't been going out much for the last year or so and my husband and I are quite happy at home. Thanks for the giggles.

      Delete
  4. I have a vacuum sealer which my late mother gave me many years ago. I have never used it. Would you recommend I did (once teething problems have been ironed out)!
    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does cut down on freezer burn and keeps brown sugar fresh and soft. We love this device! :)

      Delete
  5. The smiling one is creepy :) Can't think of anything for you to torture the hubby with- I am sure you will think of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good time to freeze up some stuff. Looks like you're having way too much fun with that machine.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!