Thursday, April 16, 2020

Deep Sea 'Invasion'

Normally I adore all creatures, well mostly, including those from the undersea world. To have one visit my home would be delightful if not for the skewer in one tentacle. It doesn’t look like a friendly implement.

Looks like a fishing expedition to me...

I managed to remove the stick from the octopus. Extricating my finger proved a bit more difficult. But as you can guess, I succeeded unharmed.

At least I nipped this in the bud; our poor
veterinarian lost many saltwater fish
to a hitchhiking mantis shrimp.
And he has a degree in
oceanography!
Are you familiar with the colorful mantis shrimp? Did you know even the most educated saltwater enthusiasts sometimes insert coral into a tank without knowing the rock carries a predator in hiding?

-

12 comments:

  1. I know nothing about caring for fish so as much as I enjoy watching them I wouldn't attempt to try and have any. It would be a death sentence to the poor fish.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug and stay healthy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know very little about aquatic creatures.

    I had no idea those gloves were for you. So glad they made it. (And I rarely pay attention to names, so I don't even recall yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about such! Nope, not a single thing! -smile- Lucky, I never tried to keep fish.

    But now, _your_ deadly sea creature, looks pretty soft and friendly to me. -smile-

    🌱🌺🌹🌸🌱

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to rescue the octopus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are educating me on aquarium life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor babe. I bet that aquarium looks amazing and that critter is so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like watching fish. Always fancied having aquarium at home. Never got done to getting one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you ever do, take my advice and go larger than you think you want. I regret not having one at least two or three times larger as they are actually easier to maintain on the water chemistry level and support a greater variety of fish. Many aquatic life forms should have more space than pet stores will admit. Take care!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!