Friday, April 10, 2020

Around the House - & - My Warty Friend Revealed

Perusing our yard, I found alarming signs of unexpected activity. Holes in the ground didn’t appear to be the expected mole activity. 

In reality, area moles are fearless,
unafraid
(!) to show themselves.
Then I discovered a tiny stone house built by whom and when, I cannot say. The daytime sighting is troubling.


A broken desktop fountain repurposed
as fun garden decor.
These discoveries prompted me to employ a door dragon guard. She claimed to want an enclosed cage due to agoraphobia.


A souvenir from San Francisco
(circa 1988)

I should have known better. Soon after Bordeaux moved in I found her guarding an egg, not my front door. 

Taking this a day later, I could not believe
how well the lighting matched.

But I can’t turn out an expectant mother. So I decided to do some nighttime sleuthing, seeing what all might be out and about under a full moon. The last thing I expected was an elf feigning diffidence while he and/or his magical bunny friend managed to pop into every frame. 

Sleepy...

That brown bit is a catkin,
not bunny pooh.
Heh...

Best Friends

See the elf at lower right?

I never expected an ancient spirit, however mischievous, would know how to photo bomb. Then he had the audacity to appear in my bedroom later.

Cheeky...
And here is yesterday's toad circled in red. I noticed the different texture, then slight movement gave the creature away.


The toad is hard to spot in a still image.

Can you believe I managed to break off the elf’s foot later? Do you think I have a hope of finding that tiny green bit among new growth and leaf litter? Since I’ve had no luck so far, any suggestions on how I might camouflage or perhaps ‘bandage’ the missing appendage?

-

18 comments:

  1. I want to see the baby dragon too. I wonder if it will be a colorful.

    I didn't see the toad yesterday. I thought I did, but I wasn't close.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Darla. Happy Easter. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retrace your thoughts on where you last had the elf with both feet, that's what I do when I lose something. It nearly always works. I now finally see the toad. Ah the dragon and the egg, now you'll have two dragons to feed and so on until your house will be within a cloud of char, with a dragon perched on your roof, you better plan for that because they are really heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately, I know the elf's basic area but things bounced in the dark and it seems lost around the base of my Harold Lauder's walking stick. ~sigh~ I adore your sense of humor, my dear. Thanks for 'playing along'.

      Delete
  3. Finally can *see* toad, in your circle! Talk about blending-in!!!!

    So happy your nighttime foray, did not result in a twisted ankle, for you!

    Gentle hugs
    🌸💛🌷💛🌸

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in the Year of the Dragon - something my partner says is no surprise!! So I feel an affinity to dragons and their offspring! I hope you find your elf's foot.
    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe break off the other foot and replace them both with Barbie shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all....I am still not convinced that is a toad, it sort of looks like a DRAGON TURD!haha...You have a lot of fairy and elf magic happening in and around the garden and house. As for the poor broken foot, stick him somewhere where you can hide the broken part in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I thought about that, too. It's probably what I'll end up doing as the foot seems gone for good.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I barely see the toad in the circle. I had no hope of spotting it before.

    You're getting a children's book out of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!