Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Revisiting Fairy Land

Yesterday I again walked around the little lake at Crane’s Run park. This trip got shortened by what sounded like tornado warning sirens from the north. Nervous, anyone? I suppose that town tests their system on the first Monday noon of every month just like ours does on every first Wednesday. That idea came to me when the wailing stopped, so I didn’t leave right away. 

In fact, though my stay didn’t extend beyond twenty minutes, I did encounter ‘fairy sign’ again and my imagination went wild. Now I recall my maternal grandfather's (imaginary) degree in paranormal anthropology. After photographing the image below, I longed for his wisdom.

Anyone home, or did invaders drive you out? One has to wonder.
(I'm sorry the large marching ants don't show up here.)
Would a subspecies of cave troll tolerate carpenter ants? Or did Cavernous ‘Diminicus’ move on from this particular dwelling? As a side note, my beloved grandfather called them "Cav Dims", which I considered an unprofessional pejorative even at a young age.

A few steps away, though you might have difficulty seeing this against the matching background, I found what appears to be the antler from a spindly but intimidating carnivorous antelope considered long extinct from Ohio. Unless it died from natural causes (as if…) perhaps the trolls found its carcass and decided they’d best depart for safer country.


Can you spot the misleadingly delicate looking antler?
Okay, so the sirens weren’t the only thing that spooked me. Heh...

Then my adventure turned "spookier" still. More runes (!) carved closer to the trailhead than I’d realized. Perhaps this walk wasn’t such a great idea. ~snicker~ But I wasn’t quite ready to turn back. One must be willing to sacrifice all in the name of pseudoscience.

Danger!
My last two discoveries astonished me. By the look of things, some raucous party rocked the space, perhaps including a thimbleful of dandelion wine. Fairy folk would certainly celebrate the early arrival of Taraxacum. Doing so to the point of losing articles of clothing, though, makes me think I’d best head home now, for sure.

This spring's pixie fashion fad is the bumblebee look.
No self respecting Pixea 'Elegans' I've met would
abandon a canary colored bonnet this season.

Here, someone meant to discard an expensive accessory?
I think not, not a feather boa anyway.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my fantastical diversion.

Do you think my exploration a foolish risk? Or in reality, am I a fool desperate for diversion? ~grin~ Let me know if there is a region you’d like a paranormal adventurer to investigate and I’ll reach out to my (imaginary) colleagues.

-

14 comments:

  1. 'Cav Dims' Teee-heeee...

    Antler? Yesssss!!!!

    Ohhhhh, more rues!!!! Definitely scary!!!!

    Mmmm, looks like that Faerie lost more than her bonnet. There is also "something white", beside the hat. I don't think we "nice ladies", ought to speculate on _what_ that is!!!! Or, on _how_ she lost it!!!!!! Such speculation, could cause the "Vapors".....

    And a boa tooooo!!! Eeeeek!!! Racous party time, for sure!!!

    Ohhh I did enjoy!!!!

    But... If it is not tooooooooooooo un-lady-like, perhaps.. Just perhaps... You could return to this spot, at night...???? I do believe that the April Full Moon, is Wednesday night. What better time, to spy on, a Spring Faerie bacchanalian revel?

    >,-)))))))))))))

    Imagination helps,
    at a time like this!
    🌸🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the mind wanders and makes up a new life, an imaginary like life. More adults need to learn to do this, get in touch with that child like side of themselves. I think that is why I love the Wizard of Oz so much, it takes me back to my child like mind and take my world for it, that is not a long journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do any kind of distraction you want and I'll come along.

    Have a fabulous day. Stay well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. One needs new realms to explore when one is stuck at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these posts and photos. This is why I don't get ten feet into a forest before becoming enraptured.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!