Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Pssst… Don’t Tell My Doctor


My husband’s passion for food just might be the death of me. I ate not one, but two of his latest experiment, and even aided him in making them.

Store Bought Cheddar Biscuits - Halved
Stuffed with Mozzarella Cubes
Wrapped in Bacon Slices
& Deep Fried
I’ll no doubt sample another once they’ve cooled down in the refrigerator – for quality control purposes, you understand. After all, we need to find out how well these treats reheat.

~yeah right~

He told me to blame Guga Foods. Guga is a Florida based entrepreneur who taught himself how to cook by watching Youtube. His money saving endeavor lead to a passion that resulted in his own Youtube career. The second channel he created, Sous Vide Anything, is where my husband discovered that water bath method.

I could not find the video featuring what we made, but now I’m tempted to try this Brazilian cheesy bread featured below. As Guga often says, “Check this out.”



Can you believe our cheesy bacon bombs were even tastier drizzled in honey? Do you like combining savory foods with sweet? Have you ever tasted a Monte Cristo sandwich?

-

14 comments:

  1. I love a good Monty Cristo Sandwich. They were all the rage back in the day. I did an event for a yacht club and that was on my menu. It was a big hit.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that so many people are trying to cook different things. I've never been a fan of sweet and savory together. Just like sweet and salty. I think I have an overdeveloped taster; I prefer blander foods, and I'm terribly picky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind word. I've met many folks who don't enjoy spice or variety. Thank heaven I am not one as my husband would be devastated. :) Be well!

      Delete
  3. They look great. I make an appetizer with Stella Doro breadsticks wrapped in bacon and coated in brown sugar then baked- so tasty. Bacon makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! That recipe sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Yes on the sandwich. I bet the cheese balls are great but for the other snack....that would be amazing cause my thoughts are that all things are better with bacon! I love bacon. My son loves bacon.....bacon makes life taste so GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ate only two? You are so much more controlled than I. They'd be gone. All gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, am a seasoned cook, haha. Monte Cristos are good but I love croque madames, which have a fried egg on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YouTube has made it easier for a lot of us to try out newer dishes. I am not so much of a foodie. But still I would like to try out something different.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!