Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Shady Deal


A recent little domestic mishap resulted in a bit of property damage. I am happy to report no living beings or our table lamp received harm. The lamp shade, on the other hand. Well.... It took the brunt of my husband's misstep.

Ouch
In all fairness, the cheap old thing served a long and useful existence. First in a townhouse shared by three young Airman with the United States Air Force, it survived three moves in subsequent years.

I decided to take this as an opportunity for change. My ultimate pick took a good chunk of time and no doubt cost at least twice the lamp's original purchase price. But what an improvement.

What do you think of the burnt orange?
Have you ever purchased a replacement lamp shade? Do you know how to measure one, or that numerous factors alter the lighting such as fabric, shape, size, and both interior and exterior colors?

-

14 comments:

  1. I've messed up more than one shade replacement. I figured out how to do it right finally. Anymore I just buy new stuff. Okay, I get tired of the same old, same old.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever purchased a replacement lamp shade? NOPE
    Do you know how to measure one, or that numerous factors alter the lighting such as fabric, shape, size, and both interior and exterior colors? NOPE, but I should learn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been an interesting learning curve. Heh... Be well!

      Delete
  3. I like the new one. I have purchased new ones, but never measured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. ~grin~ The shade looks even prettier in daylight or other lamplight. So I'm happy.

      Delete
  4. That's one way to spruce up your decor. I know I would be looking to see if maybe I might knit something to go around the old frame. I have not knit a lampshade, but I totally would given the right circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously there is a standard for buying lamp shades? haha...Nope I don't know how to add all that into picking the shade I want, I see one I like, color is good, my eyes measure the length so I go for it. I have not bought any lately but a few years ago I did. I went a tad darker then the cream color I usually went with. I love the one you picked, color is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photography is great, so I'm not surprised you didn't need to measure, if that makes sense. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Well I figure if it don't fit it goes back, but that hardly ever happens.

      Delete
  6. Love the colour of your new lampshade. I don't think I've ever bought a lampshade without a lamp!
    www.aroundmykitchentable.co.uk
    www.notsosweettoffee.com
    www.thatspurrfect.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!