Monday, February 17, 2020

A Rainbow Award, errr... Reward

Many years ago my husband's employer granted him a well-earned achievement award. I placed that thick glass piece in his office window not long ago. Yesterday the skies clears at last. Check out how his trophy refracts the sunlight.
A bright spot on our dreary old carpet. :)
While it's nice to be recognized, would you prefer cash over some sort of plaque? Do you think youths today are coddled with cheaply won 'participation' awards?
-

14 comments:

  1. I have so many awards from work too. I earned them all too. I think you need to earn them and not everyone should get an award for participating in something.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old saying:
    "Money talks; bullsh*t walks"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on the award. Cash is always nicer, but sometimes a nice plaque on the wall shows off what a good job you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. My favorite award resulted from a fishing trip. :) We caught massive (and tasty) wahoo off the coast of North Carolina one year. Be well!

      Delete
  4. That is cool. Yes, I think it is ridiculous that kids get an award just for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. :) He received more than a few between the United States Air Force and civilian employment.

      Delete
  6. I've never won any awards but I love that rainbow and yes, I would like some good cold cash rather than a plaque if I ever got a reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve a boat load of financial support for all your difficult rescue work. ~hugs~ Be well!

      Delete
  7. Science! haha....I love your rainbow. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!