Sunday, February 2, 2020

A Walk in the Park – Good Luck, Graffiti, Groundhog Day, & Goofiness


Despite it yet again being grey and gloomy yesterday I visited our local riverside bike path. Likewise I took along my camera for the walk as unique beauties and delights abound there throughout the different seasons, often surprising me regardless of path taken.

(or paths not taken, as in the instances I’ve wandered afield)

And oh my, the place did not disappoint. Walking south showed me interesting sights never before noticed. After turning back, exercise halfway accomplished, I turned on my camera to no avail. Alas, the batteries had drained but… and here’s the good luck, fresh batteries awaited in my camera case.

Hurray!

Of particular interest is fresh, colorful graffiti. That art and the adorned historical structures both fascinate me.

Sorry for the intervening branches.
I wouldn't traverse this muddy ground.
Good message: 'Hang on for Better Days'.
This self proclaimed Alien artist seems a positive force,

much like most of our townsfolk I encounter.
I did tread through soggy leaf litter to
capture this irreverent identification.
'This wall goes out to the best mom in the whole world'

Following railroad expansion, the Miami-Erie canal was abandoned in toto as of 1909 and (I think) comprises much of these surrounding structures. You will note much is crumbling.

I think our town should invest in a riverfront facelift. Maybe I should lobby our officials to host a fundraising effort. Anyway, here are more favorite photos from the foray…
The Great Miami River Monster?

Just a big old tire, I guess, but fun fancy for a whimsical mind.
A notice, which I found interesting in part because...
Mud poses a more direct hazard. I once wiped out on my bicycle at this very overflow spot but, somehow, didn't end up in the river.
My much younger required time to stand and recover...
I should have passed along warning of the goose droppings.
They forced me to weave through on foot and must
pose super slippery issues to bicycle racing tires.
'We are a balloon in a world full of pins.'
I understand the quote includes
a balloon 'full of feelings'
or some such. Still.

Oh, my gosh, it is Groundhog day! And I took this photo:
Bleh... The giant lady saw her shadow....

On a still lighter note, have you heard about Fair Haven, VT raising playground construction funds and children’s interest in civic affairs by running an honorary animal mayoral elections? Would you vote for Lincoln, the incumbent Nubian goat or one of her opponents: K-9 rescue German Shepherd dog named Sammy or Murfee, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and registered therapy dog?

-

10 comments:

  1. WOW....I don't' think I ever seen your blog with so many pics on it. Very interesting ones at that. Although the shot of the river monster was neat, it is a shame that our rivers look like that. I love that you are getting out and I love that you did not get upset over your pizza crust (comment left on my blog for anyone reading this)j...I am excited for that. Laugh, when I find myself starting to get upset I think of the issue being funny, I laugh. Yep, got a lot done in the kitchen the last two days. Next I will work on the walls....oh yay!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the kind words. And take care of yourself, my dear. I am concerned you might end up hurting a lot from all your valiant and constructive efforts. ~hugs~

      Delete
  2. I love all the art you encountered and especially the one to mom. That's a wonderful message for their mom. It's fun to explore from time to time.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dumbfounded to find it. ~grin~ That isn't something you'd expect. And thank you for all the kind words!

      Delete
  3. I guess it depends on how many people traverse the path. Local government wouldn't be interested in fixing it up unless it was popular. But, it could be a project to work towards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see that you are putting the camera to good use! Nice pics. I liked that one for the best mom! I am hope the riverfront will get facelift soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hang on for Better Days! Sure is a good fit for Oregon at this point in the endless gray of winter. I loved the Groundhog Day super bowl commercial. That was the greatest!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!