Sunday, February 9, 2020

Moon Child


As a little girl I tended to align my sleeping face with moonbeams. Sometimes I woke with my head at the twin bed foot board, having moved without conscious decision, that silvery reflection near blinding.

Mesmerizing...
When I walked outside our house to get the mail on Friday the full moon staggered me. How beautiful was the sight inspiring fond recollections. The view also triggered a bizarre memory.

Back in the 1990’s a lawn care company employed me at their corporate office. One day our janitor remarked on the moon, startled by its daylight appearance.

Uh… Hmmm...

We all suffer momentary lapses of reason. But to this day I wonder if the sweet elder lady suffered early onset dementia. I doubt she is alive still and wish her kin all the best.

Do you sometimes prefer soothing moonlight over sunshine? What is your favorite type of lazy day weather? And can you imagine the devastation our planet would face without this crucial orbital satellite (that old program "Space 1999" is implausible, to say the least)?

-

12 comments:

  1. As the moon rose last night, both The Hubby and I gazed out the window to marvel at the beauty. We enjoy sunrises and sunsets.
    And I have the complete set of "Space: 1999" on DVD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's a lazy day, I want rain. I'm getting that today (perfect weather for the Oscars ;), but I rarely get it.

    I do love a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting a little tired of endless gray days of late, but it's worth it for the changing seasons. :) Be well!

      Delete
  3. I definitely prefer the moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full moon lights up the night bringing cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moon was gorgeous last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got to see it. :) Our skies have been too cloudy. Oh, well, that's winter in Ohio.

      Delete
  6. I am and have always been more of a night owl. I love the romance of the moon, but since there is no one to enjoy it with I don't spend a lot of time sitting out and looking at it. However on a cold day I really enjoy the heat of the sun filtering down on my body. The warmth of it makes me feel alive. HAHA...fave lazy kind of day, these days it don't seem to matter, I can be lazy any given day. But...a cold winter snowy day or in our case a rainy day would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think of you as lazy at all. :) Be well, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!