Saturday, February 15, 2020

Handi-Cat-ed

Yesterday, our geriatric cat Jezebel demanded attention to the point I pulled up the on-screen keyboard. That way, it was possible to type while holding her. My left forearm received a few punctures whenever she re-situated herself.

~sigh~

Once my husband lured her to the kitchen for food I got up, changed out of my fur covered shirt, washed the itchy abrasions, and applied antibiotic ointment. Since my underlying cat allergy remains, I call these tiny swelling gouges my 'allergy shots'.

Ah, the things we do for love.

I must admit, these marks are far more comfortable than the shots given me in 1989-1990. Injection sights swelled to the size of a grapefruit and still I suffered regular asthma attacks.

Thank you, sweet angel Luna, for picking me as your own back in 1999. With proper medication, I enjoyed the best health in my life.

You are missed, Luna.
Have you ever received allergy shots? Did (do) they work well for you?

-

15 comments:

  1. Luna was beautiful. I recently gave up my allergy shots after 3 years. It was too much of a pain to go get them ( 30 minutes away). Plus they did hurt and my arm did swell, but not to the extent yours did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) And I hope you're doing great without the shots, my dear.

      Delete
  2. The things we do for the kitties - old and not-so-old-that we love. Our huMom is not allergic, but she gets plenty of gouge marks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished Lily loved to be loved on more. But you know cats, its when they want it not when you want to give it. Usually its 4 am when she wants to be loved on. Such a mess. Allergy shots, oh yes, about 10 yrs worth. When I was a child and teen I was allergic to cats. Really allergic. And I had seasonal allergies. Took shots, stopped in 06 and even though I still suffer from seasonal stuff when pollen lands on my skin and it affects my asthma. As for cats, I took a chance with Lily and I am so happy to say that its not been an issue. Luna was a beautiful babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've suffered so many health issues, I'm in awe of what you accomplish daily. As for dear Lily, she might change on you. Jezebel is unpredictable day to day anymore. Heh...

      Delete
    2. Yes....my mom always told me that when they said come get your body parts I ended up in the line where the BAD parts were!! Its crazy. As for Lily, I have said from day one, she is like a two yr old, different phases all the time. Just when you think you have them figured out she does something different...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Darla, Lily is always changing! Its like a two year old going through different phases all the time..and just when I think I have it all figured out she changes yet again. Keeps me on my toes.

      Delete
  5. Miss the cats at home now. We used to have them.
    No, I never had to take allergy shots. I am fine with cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you no longer have kitties. That's a shame. We cannot imagine this house without a cat (or two or three) after Luna barged in and changed our lives.

      Delete
  6. Luckily I have no allergies. I can't imagine what I would do if I became allergic to cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jezebel just wanted her fair share!
    Thank goodness, no allergies for me. Since we live in a 100-plus year old house with 100-plus year old dirt, wood, who-knows-what in the walls...I count myself lucky.
    Sorry about your puncture wounds.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!