Friday, February 7, 2020

Another Little Victory


My husband and I shopped our local member’s only box store this week for various essentials like cat litter and laundry detergent. Ultimately, we loaded our sedan with necessities weighing several hundred pounds. The trunk and back seat were so full we came straight home instead of swinging by the grocery store. Once here, I made a deal with him.

While I unloaded the diesel Cruze alone, he drove our Volt to Kroger. Hauling and storing it all took me a solid half hour and constituted a real workout. But the victory is my surprise find.

No, it's not a summer blouse...
This is actually the top portion of a two-piece swimsuit. In a lucky stroke, it fits as well as being a bargain at around $27 (USD).

Can you see the vertical braided detailing?
You see, I dread clothes shopping. But my years old swimwear constituted a true hazard, its flowing midriff so stretched out the fabric began catching on my arms during laps.

These pockets aren't real and, honestly, won't even show (???).
This fun shorts style is a complete departure from my former swim skirts and blousey tops. While the suit looks cuter laid out than stretched over my torso, at least I won’t risk drowning. And that’s what I call a win.
The back pockets do work.
I find the $90 MSRP hard to believe. Meanwhile, someone else had to see...

Swimsuit Inspector Jezebel on the job.
Do you know how to swim? If so, is it something you enjoy?

-

14 comments:

  1. That's a terrific score!
    I haven't had a swimsuit in 15 years; I refuse to swim in a chlorinated pool, and just put my toes into an fresh-water lake that I happen upon. I used to be on the swim team in school and during the summer. Maybe if I lose some weight, I may think about a swimsuit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should allow yourself this luxury. I'm no beauty these days. Also, some pools are less chlorinated than others. It's strange. This one I visited today is the best in that and other regards. Be well!

      Delete
  2. I hate clothes shopping too. If I can't do it from the comfort of my office then I'm not going.

    I don't know how to swim, but hubby does and he hates to swim. It's all good.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I sure enjoyed clothes shopping back in my youth. K-Mart layaway programs were my favorite method to afford new clothes. Heh... Your compatability is forever inspiring. :) Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  3. That is a nice swimsuit. I can swim, but haven't since our honeymoon when we went snorkeling in 1992.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be working out. :) And that seems like super cool honeymoon!

      Delete
  4. You two had a busy day with all that shopping! HAHA...and the bathing suit, nice. SWIM...nope, I do not know how and at my age (OLD) I don't figure I will ever learn! Do I enjoy being in a pool, yes. I love to get on a float and just float around. I love just walking around in the water. It has only been the last 6 or 7yrs that I actually started putting my face under the shower!! HAHA, yep, truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother, who took me to swim lessons, had a bad experience in her childhood and never liked the water after that. :( But floating is relaxing, for sure. Be well!

      Delete
  5. I learnt to swim. But haven't swam for many, many years!

    I don't shop much for clothes, unless I don't have good ones to wear.

    Recently, I wore a light cream coloured shirt. My niece who was on a visit to our home, told me, it looked very nice. I told her, it's a very old shirt, must have bought it more than 15 years ago. She returned an incredulous look! That shirt was once a formal dress, which has now been converted into home wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love getting the most out of your wardrobe?

      Delete
  6. I love to swim but now they put so much chlorine in public pools I can't swim in them being allergic to chlorine. I break out in a terrible rash that lasts a couple of weeks. So I can only swim in the lake or the rivers when they finally warm enough in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks. :( Lucky me, I found a pool with much less chlorine that others.

      Delete
  7. I don't own a swimsuit. I never feel comfortable in them because I have yet to find one of those in suit bras that fit. I'll have to custom order. The trials of the "well-endowed"...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!