Saturday, February 22, 2020

Collision Course

Today I saw Jezebel limping. Distressed after the frightful incident last year, I did not panic. And my poor husband announced a probable cause. Early today she darted in front of him, running straight to his left as he turned that direction into a room off the hall.

I won't judge. Things happen. It's not like he would ever kick any living creature on purpose. I know this for a glorious, admirable fact. He has helped me relocate spiders, among other critters, countless times.

I'm a lucky gal. ~grin~ And so have been all our kitties.


Meanwhile, before we noticed Jezzy's limp he calmly mentioned a water leak wetting our hall bathroom floor. He soon discovered the source. That turned out to be from an old distilled water jug, which was weird. I'm grateful, because this house has seen countless damaging water leaks over the decades and it could have been much worse.

Have you ever seen a plastic water jug spring a leak? Do you have a decent supply of potable water on hand in case of emergency?


-

10 comments:

  1. Poor Jezevel. I have no water saved. Before a storm, we fill some buckets to flush the toilet and a pitcher for drinking. My mom's town has bad water so she buys lots of jugs and makes them bag each one- clerks always seem so annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've had them crack with age and begin to leak. I have lots on hand for an emergency, do you? Your husband sounds like a keeper. Which you have kept him for quite some time I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so we're not alone in that. We have some water on hand, but it never seems like enough. Hubby is a keeper. And you're right again; we've been together for thirty years. :)

      Delete
  3. The dog, Buttercup, is not allowed in the kitchen. I have almost stepped on her numerous times, especially in the kitchen while busy cooking or some such. I know I would feel awful if I did step on her or kick her, but on the other hand if she's in the kitchen where I can't see her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny is that my brother and his ex-wife had a chihuahua named Buttercup. ~grin~ He was mean as a snake.

      Delete
  4. Our Manny has a subluxating patella, and while he doesn't limp, he does shake out that back leg once in awhile, and it's like he's bunny kicking! I have a vet appointment for both Manny and CB next month, and I'll have the vet look at that. It might need surgery, and he's a youngster too. And I cannot count how many times one or other of the cats has gotten an accidently boot by doing that criss-cross thing in front of our feet! Even The PO'M outside does it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of that condition. Weirdly enough, it's a fun word to say despite not a fun thing to suffer. What can I say? ~shakes head~ I'm odd. I sure hope the vet visits go well!

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a water jug spring a leak like that, but I guess it can happen if the seam is not tight. Water on hand for emergencies, NOPE. I do not. I don't even have a first aid kit put together. Glad that your leak was just from a jug and not a pipe! So was it an accident why the fur was limping or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think it was an accident of some sort, whether from colliding with my husband or something else. At any rate, I think the limp is lessening. Thanks for the concern.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!