Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Lighter Post to Celebrate September

There are plenty of beautiful and/or silly things I could blog about and today seemed ideal after my downer regarding our precious pets. First off, I found cheap flip flops to replace my disintegrating pair. The strap across my foot hurt but the softer edged, sturdier orange plastic off my old ones fixed the problem. I just adore ocean creatures.

Liz and I share similar tastes :D...
She is talented with textiles...

Today I bundled up some branches and found this adult praying mantis. It’s always a pleasure to see them as babies in spring and then successfully grown up. 
This handsome creature watched
my movements very closely...

Before shaving my legs in the shower this morning I saw something that made me think of Pam. She’s another artistic blogger I enjoy following and sometimes shares inanimate objects’ faces.

Extra blades for my razor come
in this smiley faced box...

Do you like my sandal fix? Can you spot the mantis?

-

12 comments:

  1. I love your sandals and your fix.

    Yes I saw the mantis.

    I love Pam and her kitties too.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flip flops. I have silver ones with a starfish on them that I wear to get my pedicure. I have my glasses on so I did see the mantis. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good fix for your thongs....sorry, flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever works for the flip flops, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thongs! Hey do any of your craftee followers or you have idea on how to fix my sandals? I like them cause they're plastic and open toed. But the strap has velcro on it and attaches to velcro fixed down. But the strap velcro pulled off the velcro on it attaches to. It was originally stitched on, through the plastic, however that is done (I don't know). I tried super glue but it pulled right off again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As for your sandals, I am surprised that super glue failed you. :( If you share a photo on your blog I'll try to think of something and also spread the word here. :)

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!