Saturday, September 30, 2023

Cute Unintended Consequences & Fun with Chalk Markers

I recovered a glass platter from an old craft project, its mini fairy garden objects repurposed for my haunted dollhouse. The ridged bottom seemed perfect for chalk marker decoration. It now holds shelf stable vegetables.

Sorry this is not the best photo...
the center is a stylize blue rose

 And heavy rains refilling my teeny tiny pond inspired me to restart the electric powered water feature. On a whim I pulled out my solar fountain and used a pot for protection against algae plugging the intake. The surprising result delighted me.


Have you ever played with chalk markers? Can you tell my solar fountain is spinning?

-

10 comments:

  1. I've seen chalk markers, but I've never tried them. (I only got introduced to them recently.) If I had a chalkboard, I might be tempted to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a little free standing chalkboard at a hobby store and found the markers while looking for the old fashioned kind. lol

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to have moving water in a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fountain is pretty cool looking, ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out great. Beautiful fountain too. I have chalk markers I use on items I spray painted with chalk paint. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the solar fountain pump? It works, and some of those solar ones don't. I want to get one for next summer eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on Amazon. The filter can get clogged but is easy to clean. :D And here's the link:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BMVTB9LQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!