Friday, September 8, 2023

As Promised...

I doubt anyone would lose sleep without my sharing more from my park like adventure. But here is an artsy image and two videos I hope folks enjoy.

I like this fun design on a restaurant wall...

It’s too bad Austin Landing doesn’t have a better design. Driving through the parking lots is a bit of a nightmare compared to the layout of Beavercreek, Ohio’s The Greene, which even has a ‘town square’. One thing lacking at the latter is a grocery store. Since my visits to Austin Landing were usually limited to that very thing, I missed seeing the extensive water features hidden on the opposite side.


Sometimes I fantasize about downsizing to an apartment offering amenities within walking distance. I enjoy driving and our suburb is nice with friendly neighbors, but one can forget walking anywhere except for exercise. Of course a lot of grocers in the United States offer delivery services now. And, to be honest, my dream home is nearer the ocean.


Do you have a wish list of un-obtained living space features? If you found your ideal home, would the stress of moving keep you anchored?

-

14 comments:

  1. I like where I live. It's very convenient with good public transport so I will not be dependent on being able to continue to drive when I am old.
    The umbrella as a serviette is a clever extra touch.
    You can't go wrong with a good water feature and that one is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go back. :D It's too bad there aren't any fish, though.

      Delete
  2. Love that waterfall scene! My ideal place would be way out in the country where you'd have to drive at least 5 miles to see the closest neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful waterfalls. I love where I live, although I wish it stayed chilly year round. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, moving sucks. I would rather anything else. But, if you find the right spot, then moving might be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video is so soothing, something about water <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in the suburbs.. everything is a 10 minute drive away but nothing is walkable. I grew up in an urban city where many things were walkable and I miss that. But right now we need to space of the suburbs. We will see where life takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in suburbia also, miles from a grocery store. I worry about that a little since my car is so old. When it breaks down, just getting groceries is difficult to manage. No shops anywhere near.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!