Sunday, September 10, 2023

A Good Friend and Random Silliness

Not long after meeting my future husband I encouraged him to attend gaming sessions at a hobby store. Yes, you read that right. We’ve been together since 1989. At these events he met a man who would stay a friend all these decades later. Yesterday he stopped by bearing surprise gifts.

For my husband he brought a dart. Yes, you also read that right. He gave us a board and darts long ago but was missing the one. Now the set we never use is complete. ~rolls eyes~ That may need rectified as long as our cats are safely out of the way.

lol

I received a coil of barbed wire. And yes, you read that right, as well. My love of all things horror related made me want to spookify some wood and his artistic mind conjured the perfect solution. I’ll have to share whatever becomes of it…

Meanwhile, he met Dandelion and the “White Wonder’s” friendliness was overwhelming. Unfortunately the twins hid. Nonetheless, Phoenix remarked that he always expected us to have black cats. My husband asked if we gave off that vibe. The man turned to me, smiled, and said, “No. But she does.” We all burst out laughing.

On that same note, he made my day. The moment he strode through our front door he exclaimed, “Oh, cool!” He truly admired my haunted dollhouse.


And for one last silly bit, I missed a great opportunity years ago. Visiting my doctor, with whom I have a great relationship, I asked about grinding up one of my medications using my mortar and pestle.

“Who needs a mortar and pestle?” he blurted.

Instead of telling him the culinary uses, I should have said, “For potions and spells, of course.”

How often have you missed out on a good quip? Do you or would you consider owning a mortar and pestle?

-

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dollhouse. Cute little ghost in the window. I have a mortar and pestle and I used to use it all the time to crush Emmy' meds to put into gravy and syringe to her. :) I bought my great-nieces potion kids and they love making them. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll say again, you are the kindest cat mom and coolest aunt. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  2. It's hard to come up with a good comeback in the moment, although you seem to have done nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great story. I like that doll house too and I do own a mortal and mortar and pestle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We look forward to the use of your barbed wire with great trepidation.
    Yes, that would have been a great reply to your doctor. Bound to get a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making folks laugh is one of my most important functions on this planet, I feel. lol

      Delete
  5. Wow he brought you barbed wire. That is insanely funny just of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have and use a mortar and pestle. When coking authentic Indian food, I have to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!