Thursday, September 7, 2023

Helping a Friend

The solution fixing my sandals caught the attention of dear blogging compatriot Strayer in need of a footwear fix. I am clueless, so any suggestions are appreciated.
Can you see how the Velcro tore away from its base?

Funny enough, I think my favorite sandals are similar. The insoles had stretched out to the point my feet slipped around inside, making them a trip hazard.
These are so comfortable...
I resolved the issue by cutting out the original fabric and sticking in a replacement. The results are rather slipshod but I don’t care.

This stuff is very useful...

You can see the plastic core in spots...
Do you think so-called moleskin once came from those tiny creatures? Likewise, doesn’t ‘slipshod’ seem like it literally pertains to footwear?

-

14 comments:

  1. Dang, there's a nakkid mole running around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's time to buy another pair? Or do they not make them anymore? (I have a pair of sandals that I love, but they only last for three or four years--of daily wear--so when they break, I order another pair.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would guess slipshod refers to horseshoes being badly fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former avid hiker, I carried moleskin everywhere, for blister relief. I'd cut a hole in the piece of moleskin the size of the blister and then apply the piece around the blister, to take any pressure off where my foot was blistering. I still have some, but don't use it often anymore. First I have to figure out if the piece that pulled off is the hooks or the loops, then get a large piece, wrap it around and secure it somehow.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. could you fix that outer hole with a leather patch? I'm getting shoe goo today to try to remedy my sandal issue. And some new velcro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion. And I hope your fix works, my dear.

      Delete
  6. The word moleskin has always made me cringe. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super crafty of you and so nice of you to help out.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!