Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Rabbit Hole

Having visited Andrew’s blog yesterday I had to check out the Melbourne Royal Show. The events and displays remind me of US county fairs.

Unfortunately, I became obsessed looking at what are called show bags. I have no idea what a Karate Roller is, but now I want the Ghost Drops bag. Heh…

Ghosts and Haunted Houses; yeah!

I had to make myself stop scrolling through the endless options. If only I could order these online, I might also go for the Air Force One bag.

Toy Airplanes!
(I am a child at heart)


When will someone invent a teleportation booth so I could attend the show? Then again, have you ever seen any cinematic version of “The Fly” and learned it’s dangerous to play God?


-

9 comments:

  1. That should be something they offer for you to order online. Although, the shipping would probably be prohibitively expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've reminded me of an Indian cookbook I want. Unfortunately, they only do a regional print and shipping is exorbitant. One day I hope they can manage a digital copy. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, teleportation sounds grand and then there's that fly thing, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember as being a child at the show and the magic of choosing a show bag and trying to convince adults we needed more than one each. They were of course better value then and called sample bags. Some I think were free. I doubt many Aussie kids would have a clue of what Air Force One is but they will know toy planes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ghost drops bag. :) Never saw that movie. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw The Fly remake with Jeff Goldblum. That was scary enough. Vincent Price has such a dramatic flair. Show bags is a great term, makes me think its something mysterious inside, luxuriously fabulous and special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I adore the late Vincent Price, the remakes were fantastic. :D

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!