Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Surprises All Around

First I must say thanks for all the helpful and kind responses on our kitty going outside the litter box. I was going to post detailed replies but changed my mind. It’s enough to state that I’m keeping all the advice in mind and have high hopes for resolution.

As for surprises, my husband recently suggested I take Dandelion outside on a harness. I in turn confessed what happened when she and I tried going outdoors. Both rather stunned by our conversation, we agreed it’s not worth risking again.

And this morning he startled me by asking, “When are you going to pick up your dragon?”

You see, we revisited the store selling the huge inflatable. Standing in the checkout line, I surprised myself by stating it would be mine. He didn’t reply. I asked if he’d heard me. He confirmed he had but offered no comment.

Later I reconsidered. We don’t live on a busy street and trick or treat is no longer popular here, not to mention the fact I’ve considered downsizing, of all things. Thus bringing home a giant seasonal yard decoration makes no sense. Since I soon forgot the matter, his question startled me and my answer astounded him.
It would have been cool...
“I’m willing to spend the money,” he furthered. “Is there anything else you want?”

I told him no. As he’s lamented dozens of times, it’s been an expensive year. But wait… Typing this reminded me I have been wanting to visit the zoo, a far less expensive proposition.

Wasn’t his offer kind? And isn’t a fun day trip a better expenditure?

-

14 comments:

  1. Although, Halloween decorations are getting more and more popular. You might start a trend on your street. But, you're probably right. If you're not in the mood to really go all out for it, it's not worth the expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go all out to the point of having a haunted garage in 1999. :) But now I'm happy enjoying the expense others go to.

      Delete
  2. That's really awesome and kind of him. I'm glad its yours now. I hope you go to the zoo. There's a house a few blocks down who really really gets into Halloween. Already their yard is covered in decor, mainly giant skeletons. I'll try to get a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a lot of giant skeletons here. I'll have to share a photo I took. :D And yes, my guy is a good one.

      Delete
  3. You have a wonderful husband. I love that dragon.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. And good photos come from zoos, to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby sounds like a sweet guy. As you know, Halloween is my favorite holiday and I don't like leaving the house so I would definitely want the dragon over a trip. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool dragon - but I can see it is somewhat impractical! A trip to the zoo sounds much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have apologised in my reply for not commenting more over the past few weeks. It's been a stressful time for me lately (thankfully all now resolved) and I have been neglecting my very good friends in the blogosphere. Hopefully, back to normal now!

      Delete
    2. I look forward to going on a nice, cool day. And no worries about not visiting. I'm sorry you had extra stress. Be well, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!