Saturday, May 30, 2020

Keeping an Eye on Things

This past Thursday evening Jezebel’s right eye looked odd. I figured the sudden if subtle difference indicated swelling. After noting no change yesterday I called our veterinary clinic first thing this morning.

Lucky for us, someone had cancelled their 10:45 appointment. The clinic’s curbside service was excellent, by the way.


My assessment accurate, the conjunctivitis is mild and she suffered zero corneal damage. Whew!

In addition, following poor Tilly’s passing last September I kept her unexpired prescription feline eardrops. Intuition led me to dose Jezebel’s right ear last night, which was fortunate as the swelling ostensibly resulted as a byproduct from intense digging at her itchy ear. Jezzy’s doctor condoned administering tresaderm in both ears along with corticosteroid drops in her puffed eye.


On a comical note, I wrote a message from Jezebel’s imagined viewpoint regarding the whole thing. As well as providing additional information, I hoped to give beleaguered staffers a much needed giggle.

It read:


Hi, My name is Jezebel and I don't want to be here again, though it's been a while. I feel fine.


But Mom thinks my right eyelid looks puffy because my gray fur appears thin. I also have very itchy ears. Whatever...

I may be old but don't normally act like it. All my activities and habits are healthy. I use the litterbox, drink my water, even run around sometimes when I want attention.

My diet consists mainly of Sheba pate. Sorry, but I refuse to eat that Hill's prescription K/D kidney care, no matter what, despite enjoying it for a long time. Mom and Dad worry some, for sure. At least I have a healthy appetite!



Can I go home now?


(The post script mentions Tilly's eardrops)


Do you have any upcoming appointments? Are folks in your area adapting well to this new reality?

-

16 comments:

  1. Great news on your baby. We have to watch them closely to make sure they are okay.

    We are doing fine with the new reality. My hair looks terrible, but I can get it cut next Thursday. Hubby too. We both had our annual physicals before all this so all that work was done. My dental cleaning is the last Monday in June. Now if I could just get my nails and toes done. Patience.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I have several apts behind me from last week. I had apt with my sleep doc, one with my eye doc and then few days later my chiro. Next chiro apt is three weeks away. Up until last week I was not doing doc apts but I was doing the chiro. Been amazing help. Sorry about your babe girl. I hope that she bounces back fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's doing well and has fewer health issues than you, my poor dear. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you caught the issue early. Hope she feels better soon.

    As for me, I had an eye appointment during the lockdown. It got pushed until they opened back up, this past week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She doesn't seem bothered at all. :) I hope your appointment goes well.

      Delete
  4. I am glad Jezebel is OK. I like your note. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ~grin~ I appreciate the smiles you spread.

      Delete
  5. I hope she feels better very very soon.! That's a cute note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your curb side appoint. went well.

    Hair salons opening in this area, June 1st. Needless to say, this is good news!!!!!

    But the best news, in the successful flight of Crew Dragon and successful docking with ISS, a few minutes ago! My post, has the details.

    Congratulations, Crew Dragon!
    🚀 🙌 ✨ 🚀 🙌 ✨ 🚀 🙌 ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And oh, yes! How cool that you followed their success, as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Jezebel's "letter" reads so nice. Glad to know she is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things seem to be heading in the right direction for Jezebel. We've had several appointments that have been ok - though maybe not from the kitties' points of view !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I know what you mean. She was very glad to be home. :)

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!