Monday, May 18, 2020

Lucky Break

Having learned the benefits of UV light sterilization for aquariums, I purchased a recommended brand. This model reportedly has the most replaceable parts and works well despite an early issue with excessive bulb heat melting some plastic components. Yikes.


The Sunsun JUP-02 provides ideal flow for a 29 gallon tank.


I first needed to lower the water level to accommodate the surprising bulk. Now it's installed and running as I type, but a disaster almost happened during the installation process. In the image below I'd already lowered the water level from the very brim (!) of my bucket. It took an effort to patiently dip without spilling more than a few drops. Whew!

The bucket sits atop my (insufficient)
plastic drop cloth. Disaster averted!


My husband saw me bailing water later but I spared him the exact reason why. Sometimes, he's better off not knowing my stupider stunts. ~shakes head~ And I didn't lie, wanting to further reduce the bucket's weight by that point.
 
Can you believe I came so close to flooding the carpet? Though this carelessness never occured before, should I place some sort of overflow tray under the bucket?
 
-

10 comments:

  1. I always tell hubby when I do silly things that way two of us can laugh about it instead of just me laughing. I works out.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that theory. And we usually follow it. But this averted disaster would likely give him nightmares. He already dreams sometimes that I've flooded the basement for a giant aquarium. Heh... ~hugs~ You do the same!

      Delete
  2. It's really easy to underestimate how much volume something takes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I should not have let myself get so distracted.

      Delete
  3. We have a U/V light to sterilize our masks and mail, but I didn't know there was such a thing for the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I honestly thought the whole thing to be a hoax, for fish and humans, but now recall seeing UV lights installed behind our grocer's deli counter years ago. Oops. Heh...

      Delete
  4. -grinnnnn-

    Yes, I'm pretty sure your husband does not really want to know, all your exploits!!!!! -gigggles-

    Gentle hugs,
    ✨🌼✨🌼✨🌼✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happens! Glad you averted a 'disaster'! Good to have an overflow tray.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!