Saturday, May 9, 2020

Signs of Life and Silliness

I've spotted truly beautiful skies of late. My old Canon PowerShot captured some cool moon shots.


And we are fortunate to see a lot of rainbows over our neighborhood. This isn't one of the brightest, but certainly the most recent.

 
Then there is me being silly. On my husband's desk I enacted a scene from a favorite film, "The Mist". Various critters are lined up in front of the goofy, many-eyed green and red guy on a 'pedestal' behind a roll of coins. That creature represents the preachy, fanatic fearmongering Mrs. Carmody (portrayed by super talented actress Marcia Gay Harden). I don't want to spoil the scene revolving around the word expiation; it's one of many standout sequences I will describe if requested.

Sorry. It's not the best prank to share considering
all the explanation I deemed necessary.
~shakes head~

I also found a way to disguise my elf's missing foot. Heh... He 'dozed off' guarding a gnome friend's car.


Have you ever seen "The Mist"? Did you know it was based on a short story by Stephen King, or that he preferred Frank Darabont's revised ending? And since this 2007 DVD includes a black and white viewing option, would you choose that or the theatrical colored release, and why?
 
-

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Moon and Mare's Tales clouds! And beeeutiful rainbow...

    Awwww, not familiar with "The Mist." But!!! The fanatic fearmongering 'Mrs. Carmody' sounds a lot like all the so-called-news-casters!!!!! >,-)

    You opened the door, and I walked right in!!!!!!! >,-)))

    Stephen King and the sound of "The Mist".... I'd think the black and white version, would be the most spooky. Like the wonderful old Film Noir flicks. Said, not having seen any. -chuckle-

    "We become what we think about most of the time,
    and that’s the strangest secret."

    ~ Earl Nightingale


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are in complete agreement, so welcome in. Heh... Black and white tends to distill horror and suspense while we think color distracts the brain. And film noir is awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous shots! The last camera I had was a Canon PowerShot. After the mobile came, never used a conventional camera.
    No, I haven't seen 'The Mist'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I cannot quite let go my old camera. Heh... And you should check out the movie if you like science fiction horror and suspense.

      Delete
  3. Nope, never saw The Mist. I stay away from the scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But... you're a substitute teacher. That's too scary for me. :) Be well!

      Delete
  4. I hav e not seen that movie in a very long time. Maybe it is time once again, since I still have time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the black and white version if you can get it. :) Color distracts from the horror, somehow.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shots. I did not see The Mist. Good job hiding the broken foot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen the Mist. Love the sky shots. Our sky here has been beautiful the last two days and I actually got out and about to enjoy it. Beautiful blues with white cotton ball like clouds. Temps have been great and I have been enjoying. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to get out. ~hugs~ And thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  7. Watched "The Mist" many years ago, however I remember the plot well!
    Stephen King's books have been made into many movies, but I've only read a couple/three of his. He just published a new one, with a cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know he was still publishing. Thanks for the info. :)

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!