Friday, May 22, 2020

Foiled – A Righteous Backfire

My husband craved barbecue the other day, especially the joint’s sweet corn ‘pudding’ casserole. He ordered two tubs this time, as previously he didn’t get his fair share. I, uh, sort of polished off the remainder before he had a chance at seconds.

~grin~

In addition to ordering double, he teasingly marked his first initial upon one plastic cover. Well, I couldn’t let that stand without a retort. After he retired for the evening, I put my initial on both cap and Styrofoam cup, spooned a hefty portion from mine, and then swapped lids.

Be aware I never intended to truly misguide the poor guy. In between I stuck a facetious 'warning', a near confession.
 
Seemed pretty clear to me...

Well, my note somehow proved too vague and confusing. Still half asleep the next morning, he also overlooked the additional large blue pen mark. Chuckling over my gag, he proceeded to served himself a little breakfast bowlful out of mine.

So, yeah, it totally backfired. I had a good laugh at my own expense and he, ever the proverbial Boy Scout, offered some of his. I think I should decline his offer.

Don’t you agree? And are you familiar with any variant of this sweet/savory guilty pleasure?
 
-

17 comments:

  1. I have no idea what this dish is, but I get the banter quite nicely. Sometimes a play doesn't come together as planned. Funny.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather think you got what you deserved ;) Next time you'll have to order 3 tubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. lol But three tubs is too much of a good thing. I'm not getting any thinner. Heh...

      Delete
  3. Question? Were you always a "Practical Joker"?

    If so, and he could have know this, before he married you. So... He has to "grin and bear it." >,-)

    But!!!!

    If you started out all sweet and etc., and then, have changed over the years (like I did...!!!), then he has to be congratulated, for "rolling with the punches."

    As my husband has been doing, for over 60 years now!!!! -gigggles-

    Open up!
    In my country.
    With masks/distancing.
    Compromised people,
    Stay home!
    🌸💜🌸💜🌸💜🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on such marital success. ~hugs~ He saw my childish side early, splashing in a puddle that wet his pants, jumping on our waterbed and causing him to crack his skull on the bookcase headboard (oops) among other things. Staging semi-regular pranks is relatively recent, but the big surprise has been a changing outlook and fashion sense. I went through a corporate/yuppie phase in the nineties, then became more of a goth chick (!) before discovering Marilyn Manson in the 2000's. He never knew what oddball eBay item would arrive at the door (freaky T-shirts, pens, wallets, what have you). Heh... At least he likes the performer and his music! It's a good thing, as I own every album and B-side available. :) We look fondly back on that time. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I've never had sweet corn pudding. Now I have to look it up. You two back and forth well, in a very cute way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy if you try it. And thanks for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  5. It didn't go well as planned. But it was fun, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to look that sweet corn pudding casserole up.....we call it corn casserole but he same thing. I love it but have not made it in a very long time. Its yummy.....but with me corn is my fave and I can open a can and just eat it like that. DARN, now I want corn! haha....thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. ~grin~ It's interesting how regional terms (not to mention recipes) vary. Be well!

      Delete
  7. Whoever was in charge of bringing banana pudding to our Memorial Day gathering today, brought a gallon bowl full. There were cake pans full of brownies. We had two cantaloupes sliced and served. There was no reason to miss out on any dessert and many took dishes home with them.

    Sorry, but I am unfamiliar with the corn dish you describe. I bet it is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like quite a feast! I'm glad you got to celebrate the holiday in such a way. Take care!

      Delete
  8. Hmm, never even tried that stuff. I'll have to get dad to pick up some to try.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!