Monday, June 1, 2020

A Stupid Move and Lucky Finds

Early this morning I wrangled our kitty into position for her eye drop. And, I dripped it into the wrong one. ~sigh~ Poor thing. It must sting. We went back and forth across the house a few times before I corrected the situation and treated both ears.
 
But Jezebel doesn't seem bothered by anything except the treatments. Sot that's good. Let's hope I am a little more awake tomorrow morning before attempting anything.
 
Meanwhile, I went to two garden centers today in search of jalapeño plants. I found a single (excellent) looking specimen at one location. At the other, they didn't have any jalapeños but I bought a gong bao hot pepper, said to dry well, and two pickling cucumber plants. Hopefully we won't be inundated with 'cuckes' as we already have four so-called burpless in the ground.

I also wanted an affordable replacement for my short lived butterfly bush. Unable to spend much, I luckily entered the retail space near their employee lot where I found a discount section. They offered a sad looking Knock Out rose at 50% off
(!) the original price. The hardy shrub should recover.

'Sunny' is the only Knock Out variety with cream to yellow petals and a true fragrance. It went into my cart first thing. Not so the beautiful clematis vines, though I seriously coveted one before discovering a hefty $50 price tag. Yikes!
 

~fingers crossed~

Are you aware that the butterfly bush (Buddleia davidii) is considered invasive in many parts of the United States? And, in an ironic twist, it's falsely advertised as hardy in our Midwest region while only living a few years? Buyer beware, eh?
 
-

12 comments:

  1. Poor kittty... Poor you... YOu didn't want to hurt her.

    We still have not gotten any flowers. -sigh-

    At first, we heard, the nurseries were full of people. Nope, not us. But have not looked into it, any more. Really have to.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thanks. Best wishes on future planting. :

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your kitty is forgiving. I can do some really stupid things before I'm fully awake.

    I know very little about plants. I'm not a yard person at all. I'd rather clean the toilets than dig in the dirt. Just saying. It's what happens to some of us that were raised on a farm.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug to you and extra lovies to the kitty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do dumb things while wide awake, too. Heh... I'd like to know more of your back story. A farm, huh? Wish we could trade chores. :) Thanks for all the kind words.

      Delete
  3. We had the same problem with butterfly bush dying after a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. They aren't inexpensive. Be well, my dear!

      Delete
  4. Giving the kitty medicine is hard enough... Ooof. But, it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just don't put the eardrops in her eye or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The ear medicine needs refrigeration, so there is little chance, though that must be uncomfortable for the poor girl.

      Delete
  6. I have a butterfly bush in the yard. Oregon considers it invasive. But the butterflies, bees and birds adore it when in bloom. It is a hub of life in my yard. I can't imagine my yard without it. I hope you find one, or maybe I could send you a clipping from this one somehow? I hate medicating cats, so I don't envy you chasing yours around with eyedrops in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thank you for the kind offer. I think a combination of our alkaline soil and rather extreme seasons kill this Oriental native. ~sigh~ You are an amazing cat caretaker! I've got it easy by comparison, so your sentiment is very sweet.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!