Thursday, June 25, 2020

A Tiny Visitor

Enjoying a cool evening outside our front door, I felt something alight upon my left knee. Instead of the expected and dreaded bloodsucker this tiny praying mantis looked at my face as if sizing me up.

Hey! Let me outta here!
Obviously I just couldn't resist bringing the creature inside for a photo shoot. He or she gave me a scare by slipping out of my cupped palms but I had the good fortune of locating the teensy figure on our stone flooring without mishap.


Have you ever seen a baby mantid? Aren't they just adorable?

-

12 comments:

  1. Yes adorable indeed. Great for a photo-op.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had the pleasure of being around grown-up mantises!
    The baby is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would use the word adorable on one, but I like them because they eat lots of bugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have screamed and brushed him away. You are braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! You have to be gentle. ~grin~ I did jump out of my chair when a huge adult flew at me one autumn. ~nods~ Then I called over the little girl next door and we both 'oohed' and 'ahhed' until the creature left my yard.

      Delete
  5. It's so nice to see a praying mantis with its "hands" folded!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!