Saturday, June 6, 2020

Gardening to Beat Grief

In lieu of lifting weights at the YMCA, I began steady yard work for exercise. Digging in the dirt and renovating an old flower bed have proven cathartic, a distraction from all the depressing world news. Getting out among the natural world is almost spiritual, meditative.

Okay, it's not all 'natural' in my gardens...

Repurposed from my nineties Southwest decor...

A Contemplative Bunny
Frogs from Cox Arboretum gift shop...


A perennial about to bloom
I have to find the name tag...



Vegetable Patch

I left this pretty weed alone...


Discount 'Sunny' Knock Out Rose
One of four eggplants in an EarthBox...

Mixed lettuce seedlings need thinned...

More decorations to distract from the ugly utility box...

Overview of my renovated perennial grass garden,
one of several beds...

My vulture sculpture complete with real bird poo...
~sigh~

Do you think a taller perch would keep the bird crap off my buzzard? Is there enough variety among my silly statuary?
-
-

11 comments:

  1. Very cool garden decor. The only thing that will keep bird poo off of your vulture is an umbrella :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It crossed my mind. Heh... Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. If it makes you happy, then put it in!
    I have only a few pieces of art for the garden, but as I expand it, I'll add more. May even put in stepping stones; The Hubby hasn't heard about that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see little secret creatures among the plants in a garden landscape. I LOVE your vulture, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That piece has held up better than expected, so kudos to the artist. Now I want to revisit the place I bought it, called The Secret Garden. Heh...

      Delete
  4. Nothing like being with the nature, Darla. I fully agree with you. It's so refreshing, rejuvenating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently the other birds don't like the buzzard!!! Haha...I love cute little and diff finds in a garden. Course at the other house I had a lot of cute little things hid here and there. I have parred it down over here. Trying to not make more work for myself. Even though the yard is bigger...a lot bigger there is limited space for flowerbeds which is a good thing in the long run, keeps me from going WILD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be tempting. My husband reigns me in. ~sigh~ I hoped you would get a kick out of this. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun garden. And you're getting something out of all the physical activity, so win-win.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!