Thursday, March 10, 2022

Making Friends, Not Excuses

On Monday I decided it was time I go back to the gym and lift weights. Then… well… on Tuesday I didn’t feel like it.

I actually thought, word for word, I know I’ll feel better if I go, but…

Unable to complete this thought any other way than ‘not feeling like it’ underscored the absurdity. And triumphing over my lethargy both then and this morning indeed feels great.

Even better, on the way home today I saw a crow standing in the middle of a quiet street. My husband and I find these intelligent creatures fascinating. Numerous times he has mentioned wishing to befriend one.
On another note, our red-headed
vultures are back in force!

Well, I just happened to have an open packet of peanuts on hand. So I pulled over and tossed a few out the window. A few blocks from there three of them perched high up in a tree. I scattered several more.

Since these birds are adept at both facial recognition and establishing routines, there’s a chance they will connect me with reward if I do this regularly. As a bonus they will even pass this information along!

Outside my home, too many nearby neighbors walk their dogs or let them roam. ~sigh~ But perhaps I can someday lure crows onto our back deck.

Do you think to yourself in complete sentences? Would you befriend a crow?

-

24 comments:

  1. "Would you befriend a crow?"

    we iz catz.....letz see ~~~~~~~~~~~~hhmmmmmmmmm
    ☺☺☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally befriend a crow if given an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried to befriend a crow at our marina. Big mistake. We fed said crow and when we didn't supply food when it wanted it it turned mean. That was the first and last time we did that.

    Glad you went to the gym. I always feel better too.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for that warning and the kind words. ~hugs~

      Delete
  4. Kuddos to you for going to the gym!! I only befriend cats. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a great story that was on Reddit about a neighborhood that befriended the local crows. Alas, my internet is being difficult, so I'm not going to take the hour it's likely to take to find the link. Remind me and I'll try again when my internet isn't being difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our mom loves crows. The bylaws of our HOA prohibits feeding birds (except hummers) so she can't feed them, but they do visit the grounds every now and then. She'll talk to them if she sees them.

    Our old bro William was quite fascinated by them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... I'm rather glad we don't have a homeowners' association.

      Delete
  7. I love and fear crows. They're just so smart and well organized. I respect them. Sure I'd love to have one as my buddy and guardian. They're so good at spotting trouble. That 2nd to last question knocked me over. Do I think in complete sentences, hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to go to the gym. But stopped.

    That's because, I thought walking a couple of kilometers out in the sun and open air, and doing some exercises in the park would be as good as working out on the treadmill and doing the same exercises in the gym. The nearby park has a few exercise equipment too.
    Also, I find the music in the gym too loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That park sounds great! Good for you. I don't like things loud, either, so I'm fortunate the sound is moderate at my gym.

      Delete
  9. I had a chance the other day to see how smart they are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I send Annie Morris an email and that email is no longer any good. So if she has an email address it's not the one I've had for years. night.prose@gmail.com

    Have a fabulous Friday and weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. You cannot let that voice in your head lead you astray. You are not the voice. You are the one choosing to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think to myself...haha how about talking to myself? Full sentences, I don't know, will have to pay attention to that. Not taken that much to crows but I totally love watching birds. I love feeing them. I would however, like to make a connection with the hummingbirds this yr. Would love to get them to eat from my hands but I don't think I have enough time or patience to get to that point.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!