Sunday, October 29, 2023

Scents, Sounds, and an Update

I’m on my back patio while typing this after local rain stopped. The expected steady drum would be nice, but the audio sounding like a really bad drummer amuses and autumn fragrances are pleasant.


I burned this grass patch trying to kill invasive plants. Funny enough, this was after my snake encounter. So I hope the reptile, which I’m pretty sure was far away during this ‘controlled’ fire, didn’t perish and maybe this destroyed patch of lawn will help keep the creature away.

On another note, our friend Phoenix seeing my video thinks it was a harmless snake. I don’t know. But he is at a rehabilitation facility of his choosing now. Yay!

Do you ever enjoy the sound of rain dripping on a roof? Have you seen any version of the Tennessee Williams play “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”?

-

14 comments:

  1. Rain on the roof can be very soothing. Yes, to the play, a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll bet the live play was amazing. Be well!

      Delete
  2. I do love the sound of rain. It's not all calming, though, for when it rains, problems occur, so there is that feeling of dread during rainstorms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry it causes dread. It just proves how large this nation is with so many different climates.

      Delete
  3. We like the sound of light rain, heavy rain not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen that play. I don't mind the sound of rain on the roof. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Miss Darla. We're back. Dad says he finds the sound of rain on the roof somewhat soothing, but it totally freaks me out and makes me run and hide underneath stuff. That, and high pitched noises scare the stuffing out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you get scared sometimes, Smudge. Just know your mom and dad will always protect you.

      Delete
  6. Is the patio roof metal? Those can sure be noisy, deafening in fact, during heavy rain. I like the occasional bad drummer splatter sound. What a beautiful view out your back patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is metal. And I don't mind even when it gets deafening. lol I'm glad you like the view.

      Delete
  7. I get plenty o' rain on my roof here in East Tennessee. God grief. It's like a Monsoon season 11 months of the year. I did see that movie back when it first came out. I don't think I understood it though, On the younger side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely don't suffer drought often in these Midwest parts, do we? :D

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!