Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Minor Misunderstanding

A decade or two ago (!) I met a fellow at our local grocery store that still works there. He’s a bit quirky (as am I) and we bonded over shared adoration of several rock ‘n roll bands. Funny enough, my husband privately referenced him as ‘Rock Boy’ until we learned his name.

Cars are another shared interest and several weeks ago he pointed out his new ride. I went over to look and he paused wrangling shopping carts to unlock the doors. So I opened the passenger door for a look. He reacted with shock, wondering why I did it. Well, presenting a vehicle’s interior is customary at car shows.

While teasing me about it the other day he said, “Would I lie about owning the car?”

“No,” I replied, “which is why I thought you wanted me to see the interior.”

Have you ever attended car shows? In this situation would you presume the person wanted you to see inside?

-

11 comments:

  1. I have attended..but not sure if I would have assumed or not Maybe. Maybe not. I may have waited for an invite but there is nothing wrong with just opening door! Coulda and woulda now that I think of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he unlocked the door, I would assume he'd want you to look inside. I mean, new car smell at least? Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, looking inside would just seem like the normal thing to do, and I'm usually not considered normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course anyone will want to see inside a car. You spend many hours inside a car and not much staring at the exterior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no harm in opening the door.

    Please read and comment on my new retirement article: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would you not want to see the inside? Hope it was nice. I would like to go to a car show featuring cars people have modified greatly for all kinds of different uses.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!