Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Another Gorgeous Autumn Afternoon

Awaiting my husband for an outing, I saw the last standing stem of my amorphophallus konjac and found the shadow stunning. Feel free to say what you wish about the botanical name, Andrew. ~snicker~ It seems we are kindred souls. I took this photo during the AM but this afternoon has been equally brilliant – cool and sunny.

A last holdout...

Can you believe several square feet of spreading konjac began with a single tiny pot? Do you know its corms are edible and considered medicinal in the plant’s Chinese homeland?

-

14 comments:

  1. Love that shadow. Beautiful. I love your silliness.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it one of those plants that takes over a garden? The shadow is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, it likes this shadier space and shouldn't spread much more. Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  3. It is a good shadow and the plant certainly stands very upright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photo and that shadow IS amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. I did not know anything about this plant. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. This find was quite by accident. lol

      Delete
  6. At first I thought this plant had two colors. Beautifully caught the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magmificent and regal plant. Thank you so much for your good thoughts for mama. She's negative, just waiting for papa to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and giving some good news!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!