Saturday, November 13, 2021

Polly’s Follies – 4

Not long ago I moved a little cabinet Terra knocked down. Wedging the unit between a bench and bedroom window proved an ideal perch and everything seemed stable. Her sister Polly, however, took a different path to destruction.

Those are teeth marks!
I finally put an old comforter over the whole thing. They can still enjoy continuing destruction of my vanity stool upholstery.

Sweet Luna sunk her claws in first.
May she rest in peace.

~sigh~

I did discover a potential cause that makes sad sense. Just as Terra likes to knead my flesh while sucking on the bedclothes, Polly’s penchant for chewing non food items likely resulted from being weaned at too young an age. And she is so cute I can
t get angry.


At least she doesn’t engage in this behavior unless she has a human audience (that I can tell). We hope she grows out of it. Not even our WiFi unit is safe. I had to cover the old unit
s three antennae.

Angel, the vampire with a soul,
continues his saving ways...

I fear Jezebel has a dimmer view of Polly’s behavior. She’s glaring at me, insisting a turn at my computer. But how can she be such a hater? Just look at this face.


 


Did you know a cat could exhibit pica? Should I take Polly to a kitty psychologist? -

14 comments:

  1. I've read that cats can have pica, for sure.
    However, I think you've got wool-suckers, which is a result of being removed from their mommas too soon.
    Our Celestial Chuck was one, and he ended up chewing through and swallowing strings, including many of our window blinds, the tie to my pj bottoms, and he chewed a hole through my alpaca-wool sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Chuck. ~hugs~ I believe you are correct. And I'm sorry about your sweater. What a bummer!

      Delete
  2. How old are they? Teething can also cause desire to chew, as it can itch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are just over a year old. But thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. They get up to quite the antics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie, yes on the teething thing, maybe some Bird-TV on YouTube to distract when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Blessedly, we are home most of the time, so interactive toys and catnip, et. al are good options.

      Delete
  5. I agree, too cute to be mad at. :) And yes, I have heard cats get that. I am lucky none of mine have. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ashamed to say I had to look up Pica as I didn't know what it was. The quick video clips are cute, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no shame in that. :) And thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  7. So far, I have escaped the pica with al of mine...so far. However they more than made up for that lack, by supplying other "personality" traits. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!