Monday, November 1, 2021

November Already?

I sure lost track of time this October. It’s taken me hours to catch up on just a few favorite blogs this morning (!) and I haven’t posted since October 12th. Wow. Just wow.

To kick things off again, here are tidbits from this past Saturday night. My one (middle) brother and sister-in-law hosted their awesome annual Halloween party. So I rousted myself out of our cozy home, leaving my husband to take care of kitties, and drove from Southwest to Northeast Ohio. I’m glad I made the effort to visit family and some friends.

Near 2am I photographed my silly brother
 & his lovely wife about to call it a night...


The couple did an awesome job transforming their backyard. Portable outdoor heaters warmed covered areas near the house, spooky décor surrounding that whole space. Both electric lighting and torches welcomed partygoers toward the wooded property line. There, seats surrounded their huge fire pit while another pop up shelter stood a safe bit away for those not willing to brave occasional drizzling rainfall. I’ll share more later, after a lunch out for food I’ve been craving. ~grin~ I wanted to go yesterday but the place was packed.

Do you have that one family member who hosts amazing shindigs? Do you want to see a gruesome (but tasty) Halloween treat (see below...)?

...

...

...

...

...

...

Definitely not gory internal organs,
just ill-formed cinnamon rolls...
Heh...


-

19 comments:

  1. No Halloween parties here, just spent some time yesterday morning admiring some of the decorations.
    Some folks are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I love Halloween parties and it appears your brother and sister in law know how to do it right.

    I took two of the cinnamon rolls. Delicious.

    Have a fabulous day, week and month. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great Halloween. I'm glad you had a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't been to a Halloween party in many years, we did enjoy those. I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always want to host a Halloween party, but never have. Glad you had fun. I don't think I could eat that treat, it looks too bloody. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh whoa. You have an interesting relative!!!! Kinda like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, it's been years since I have been to a Halloween party! That one your brother hosted is epic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like they know how to have some fun! Dad made a nasty comment about the cinnamon rolls, but I had to delete it when he wasn't looking. Glad you got up there for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you got out and went. Sounds like it was fun. Hoping you had a great time. My family does not host things like this. However, I have attended several in the past few yrs. As I age, I am not doing as much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a good time. Always good to catch up with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!