Sunday, May 19, 2024

The Perfect Rainstorm

Anyone who knows me much at all is aware I’m fascinated with nature. Bees, birds, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, plants, and especially the forces of fire and water captivate me.

While we spent some time sheltering downstairs under threat of tornadoes days ago, a much gentler storm system followed. I gathered my patio chair (after checking that no toad hunkered beneath the seat pad) and sat inside my garage.

I’m used to wind making playful raindrop patterns. But I don’t recall ever seeing bubbles form, skate the water’s surface, pop, and be replaced. I guess the crappy concrete work served a purpose with these shallow pools.

Have you ever seen such a thing? Have you ever heard the song “Tiny Bubbles”?

-

22 comments:

  1. Yes, I know Tiny Bubbles but I've never seen them splish splash like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could there be something on the concrete that could cause the bubbles, like a detergent or oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to my knowledge; I think the conditions were just perfect.

      Delete
  3. Glad you didn't get a tornado. Cool video. I have heard the song. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the poor concrete was good for something. (Fire's not so fun close up, as I got to learn last month.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this wouldn't have happened without those shallow pools from shoddy concrete pouring. And I'm so glad you're okay.

      Delete
  5. First time I've seen it too Darla, very interesting. And I haven't heard the song either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Darla,
    Well, you sat inside your garage and my favorite spot for watching rain or snow is from the front porch. Fascinating indeed and I loved those bubbles.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I associate "Tiny Bubbles" with a Hawaiian singer named Don Ho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like the pitter patter of a gentle rain, but now, I cannot get that song out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry. ~hangs head~ "Ear worms" can be so annoying.

      Delete
  9. Are the bubbles from chemicals that are often out there, which is very vague of me to say. Don HO sang tiny bubbles. How long ago did I hear that song, I wonder, the 70's? 60's? I didn't know you had a tornado scare. Weather sure is radical lately. One could say "our weather has been radicalized". Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like rains. But not storms. Hope it wasn't severe and it passed without creating too much problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We've been lucky, unlike so many others. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!