Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Shuffled

This is a first world complaint, for sure. Reading Andrew’s blog post about children prompted it. He cracked me up.

And thank you, Strayer, for asking about my well being on your blog. Our cats Terry and Polly are being jerks to Dandelion sometimes, we think out of jealousy over my attentions.

Otherwise, things are going swimmingly. ~rolls eyes~ I apologize in advance.

Anyway, so I finally returned to swimming at the YMCA. It’s not the closest or second closest facility but their schedule is more open. Getting up and going took time. I still figured there would be no issue.

However, about ten minutes into my aquatic workout a guy came and asked me to move over two lanes. Not wanting to be contentious, I complied. A daycare group would be coming in at 11:30.

It was 11:10. The adults didn’t need setup time, I noticed, and the children arrived closer to 11:35. I exited the pool before they even got wet. I’m half tempted to end my YMCA membership.

The Caesar Creek lake is free and I haven’t visited the gym in months. It’s money better saved, maybe.

Should I brave chilly currents, annoying boaters, and dangerous amoeba? Or should I forge on and start lifting weights again?

-

14 comments:

  1. You'll find your niche. We all do. I won't weigh in because you know what you like to do and what you don't like to do. The kids I would avoid too.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here lately I am starting to think that exercise isn't good for you. Lots of healthy people been departing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think having to swim in cold water would be a huge disincentive to swim and swimming is probably the best exercise you can have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is annoying, but I would not want to swim in a lake- they can have snakes. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you find out when the kiddos will be in the pool and just avoid those times? Sure, the lake is nice, but it's easier to use a pool, and you're more likely to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I thought my lane was free until the time they would arrive. Wrong. Oh, well. I went hours earlier today and enjoyed a peaceful workout.

      Delete
  6. I settle for the lake swimming but haven't been to the lake since before camping. Its the heat but mostly its my fear of finding no parking place, once I drive all the way up there, and be forced to pay out the $7 fee to park, along with the gas to drive up there. Just go swim in the lake! The YMCA here is terribly expensive. I don't know what it costs there. You'll find something, I hope. Wish we were closer we'd find something together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we lived closer, too. ~hugs~ I'll keep my membership for now, at least, and get back into weightlifting. The nearby YMCA gym is very well maintained and equipped.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like the Y would be safer but do you have to change your time of going so that there is not an issue with kids. I am not a fan of being in water with kids around. They like to play rougher and too much splashing for me. I don't swim, I like the water but I can't swim. Same with going out to eat, I know folks take children out to eat and I have no issues with that, but its when they don't control the kids and they are bouncing all over that makes me not want to go back. Sorry about the felines not excepting the new baby. But hey, I have had Misty 2.5 yrs and Lily still acts ugly to her at times and other times I catch them playing chase...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!