Thursday, July 20, 2023

A Big Win, One Loud Scream, & a Gigantic Squee Over a Teensie Weensie Itty Bitty Critter

Our heating and cooling service offers gift cards via raffle in exchange for reviews. Winning a twenty-five dollar (US) for Kroger purchases delighted me. Imagine my thrill upon learning the stakes were higher. Instead of several small awards, the company owner decided a single $300 card would be offered. No doubt you know who won this time around.

Woo hoo!
My husband has been napping every midday, which leads to my second title point. He fell into a deep sleep until Polly ran under my feet. I shrieked upon feeling multiple kitty legs underfoot. Thank heaven she did not get any broken bones, nor even cry out in pain. How I kept my weight off her without falling is a mystery.

Referring to my critter encounter, a garden perusal led me to finding a few pickling cucumbers and the tiniest amphibian I’ve ever seen. This creature would fit fine on my thumbnail.

"I am huge in my sphere."

Do you think this tiny animal is a frog or a toad? Have you ever heard the song ‘Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Polka Dot Bikini’?

-

14 comments:

  1. Hey, it was a yello polka dot bikini LOL! Congrats of the cool gift card win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to sing that song when I was young.
    It looks like a toad but I don't know much about either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you knew the song. I'll have to investigate the local fauna some more.

      Delete
  3. Concats on your win!
    My eldest sister's name is in that song, so we used to sing it all of the time, just to irritate her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing to win that amount---anywhere! What'd you get with it? Groceries I suppose. I did buy a lottery ticket, just one, with both powerball and mega millions huge, but....no luck. It's so fun to win anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't used them yet but I had my eye on a little patio table. :D Sorry you didn't win the lottery because you would put that money to good use.

      Delete
  5. Holy Cow! I wish our city heating and cooling service did that! And Kroger too. Man, concats on winning! And I can't imagine a 300$ one! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I commented but where oh where did it go. How wonderful to win such a big prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably failed to check for comments. ~hugs~

      Delete
  7. Congrats. It's so cool to win raffles and things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!