Sunday, January 30, 2022

Oops – I’ve Been Remiss

My husband played a distracting video as I typed yesterday’s post. So I blame him for my minor failure. ~grin~ Anyway, this January’s little adventure at the US Post Office should never have occurred in the first place. As usual, we were home all day when the supposed delivery attempt occurred.

~sigh~

This is nothing new, either. In the 2000’s I purchased a lot of overseas items via eBay. Several required a signature but the doorbell never rang once. I know this because my husband worked from home. Many times I wasted precious lunch hour minutes picking them up. Adding to the frustration, my complaint fell on deaf ears. At least none of those items disappeared.

Oh, well. It’s another minor irritant in a crazy world. But in an amusing twist, the same lady who couldn’t locate my package was the same who gave a blank stare upon hearing my gripe about our neighborhood USPS driver.

Moving on, I also intended to pose a serious question. Asking if any of my dear readers sent a package was not what I originally intended. Heh… It regards the quick receipt of my medicines.

Is it a reasonable supposition that postal services prioritize large scale shippers? Should I just keep my head down and be grateful?

-

21 comments:

  1. Darla, I wanted to send you a note about where I got Katie's favorite brushie and what It cost but I don't see an address...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem. I'd get notes on the door that said attempted delivery when I was home all day. Usually UPS, though. The post office has been pretty good about leaving things or actually catching me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll be able to get you more inside scoop soon, my husband just recently started a job with the post office. I can tell you that the post office is very under-staffed and the workers they do have are way overworked, at least that's how is in Florida. Any place operating like that is bound to take too many shortcuts and make lots of mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I don't think they'll care no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wrong that they prioritize large scale shippers, but I don't know what we can do about it. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, not sure how to answer that. I feel like if I answer it wrong, maybe any packages I might get will get purposefully delayed, like in someone's closet for several months. Or dumped over a bridge in the dark of night. I did not receive two of the packages I ordered (for others) for Christmas. I have no idea what happened to them. Sellers gave me refunds on both. There's some big black deep hole somewhere, that's where all the missing packages must be, swirling around in that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the postal service hit or miss in the past 15 years. Yes, year. Mail can be found in the street! slipped from the post person's hands and not picked up (or perhaps not noticed). Then, accidentally putting the wrong mail in the wrong box and repeating that all down the street with each person receiving the previous person's mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time maybe it can be over looked, but if it becomes a habit I would have to say something. I had a UPS delivery that said it had arrived, from Wally World. Upon waiting a couple of days I called Wally World, I was told wait a couple of days. I then asked, why? I have waited four days already. In two days it came....I felt that was a little coincidence.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, I know staffing at the PO is stretched and overall they're generally doing the best they can, and it doesn't help that the big boss is an ass clown, but it is getting ridiculous. Dad's having a problem with a local driver leaving packages about an eighth of a mile down the road from the house. Yep, just leaving things outside on a planter pedestal. Dad was actually dumb enough to think he could call and get a human to complain to. I won't even get into what he went through. I believe he's going to go in person this morning to the local branch, but he knows in advance it's going to be a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about this obnoxious disservice. ~hugs~ Best wishes!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!