Saturday, January 15, 2022

An Eerie Revelation

Sorting through a box of things my father sent, I discovered a photo of my beloved maternal grandparents. A close inspection shocked me. Purchased off eBay probably fifteen years ago, my vintage eyeglass frames could have been the very ones Grandma wore during my childhood.

A Lovely Lady

I just wanted something different and thought this design looked interesting.

These came with trifocals.
She must have felt the same. I cannot tell if she wore bifocal lenses or trifocals.

Though you may not see it in her portrait,
the contrasting finishes look identical.
 


Isn’t that wild? Has this sort of thing happened to you?

-

18 comments:

  1. It shows you both had/have great tastes. I think that's a fabulous find.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that you both clearly liked the same frames. Would tri focals have been around when your grandmother was alive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That isn't eerie, that's a darn cool family connection that was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO far, I haven't had such a thing happen to me, like that! If I had I would be just as amazed and mystified as you are! You would never expect such a happening. I mean, what are the odds!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is a cool coincidence. Maybe that is why you were attracted to them because they were familiar even though you didn't realize it at the time you were ordering. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's probably why you liked them. Somewhere deep in your memory, you had a good association with that look. Of course, they probably could have also been so mass produced that they were common in that era (why she had them) and there are many still lingering around (why you found them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered both points and cannot help wondering. :)

      Delete
  7. Probably not the same with granny, at those times there was not a big choice. Those glasses have a cool pattern. Nice. Don't you just love going through old pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about the choices. And old photos are kind of bittersweet for me. Possible outcomes from past decades haunt my dreams. ;)

      Delete
  8. my grandmother had a pair of shoes she wore.. cod knows when... in the attic and saved for.... cod knows what reason....200 years later we were cleaning her attic and those shoes were the current and latest fashion trend !!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peculiar, indeed. Something must've drawn you to those.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!