Saturday, January 29, 2022

Customer Dis-Service

Early this month I found a slip in our mailbox announcing a postage due package needing picked up. The sender’s name was illegible. And seeing only our surname listed left us further clueless.

At the designated office a single clerk took several minutes handling another lady’s transaction. But with nothing pressing I stood uncomplaining. When my turn came this sole employee took my notice and disappeared into the back.

Meanwhile, two other individuals arrived. Before long they began murmured discussion over growing dissatisfaction. One said she had been waiting two weeks for a package from California and couldn’t even get an estimated delivery date. I commiserated, sharing similar experiences.

The other became anxious as she had left her dog locked in the car. She thought her business would take a mere minute or so. Hearing that the poor creature had just returned from a post-surgical vet visit prompted my awkward apology.

At last the postal worker returned – empty-handed and apologetic. She couldn’t find my package anywhere. I got the sense she intended to continue searching and urged her to take care of those behind me. So she wrote my name and phone number on a slip of paper in case it turned up.

I never heard from her again and my online attempts to request redelivery proved pointless. The system didn’t even recognize its own (!) barcode number. ~sigh~ Mere days before this my physician convinced me to use the moneysaving mail-order pharmacy service. As you can imagine, I doubted the wisdom of this decision.

Lo and behold, my medications arrived within a few days. What a surprising relief.

Have you encountered similar frustrations with your postal service? Is there any chance any of you dear readers sent me something?

-

24 comments:

  1. I didn't send you anything, Darla. I hear you. I live in a small town and we love our postal workers. They are helpful and nice.

    We sent a book to a friend in Sacramento. That's an hour and a half from us. Weeks went by and the book sat in Des Moines. We finally got part of the package back and the book was long gone. Des Moines? That's way across the country.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! I'm sorry your friend missed out on your gift.

      ~hugs~

      Delete
  2. I have not used mail-order prescription for years because of just such concerns. Any amount of $ saved is offset by not getting them on time. I hope you get all your packages safely !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what a guessing game, where that package might have come from and what could have been inside and now they've lost it. Once my brother sent me a package, and the post office stamped it postage due and left me a card. Well it more than enough postage on it, but I had to pay again, and the postman at the counter apologized profusely saying they were overworked and understaffed and now could not hire more people due to a hiring freeze. Ok whatever. I hope you get that package one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to trust the post office. Hopefully they'll get the mis-managers out one of these days and go back to how well run it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is aggravating and disturbing. Our postal system is not even near as it was even 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had similar situations unfortunately, but I'm sure glad your meds arrived on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn't send anything. Our postal service is usually pretty bad here,if something is coming USPS it may or may not arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post office is not what it used to be. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is the same the world over at the moment. It certainly is here. So you did receive the cheque I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mom mailed the neighbor who is literally within walking distance a birthday card { the recipient of said card, is a lady close to 90, and she likes to "receive mail", hence the reason for the mailing. } TWO WEEKS passed before her friend received the birthday card....they joked that it was good the card got there while she was still alive to GET it ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not the postage service but everywhere else out in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dad says "Don't even get me going on this Post Office sh*t!" He's currently in the midst of an annoyingly frustrating issue with them. I know it's likely the same everywhere, but sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!