Friday, January 22, 2021

Well Wishes & Prayers Needed

Today I received a call from the middle of my three older brothers. Scott informed me that our eldest sibling, Brian, went to the Emergency Room and has been diagnosed with an aortic bifurcation.

The condition is as serious as it sounds, but that's not the worst. This hospital is not equipped for the surgery and Northeast Ohio weather has grounded life flight helicopters.

Brian is lucid and communicative, said he is in little pain, but has the fatalistic belief he will not survive. He didn't mention this to me in our shared text messages. However, Scott told me that Brian essentially said final goodbyes to his daughters over the phone.

So, I'm praying the skies clear or an ambulance can safely transport him to either Columbus or Cleveland for necessary surgery. And, just as important, that he doesn't give up. Thanks in advance for any and all support. I hope you're enjoying a safe, healthy, and happy day.

-

14 comments:

  1. Prayers, Darla. I hope things clear up so he can get to where he needs to go and get the surgery he needs.

    Big healing hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very scary. I hope the transportation materializes and everything goes smoothly with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things could definitely be worse and are looking somewhat up now. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  3. Dang, that's scary and we're so sorry to hear that. Prayers from all of us here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this post. I will be praying for your brother. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Darla, I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep all of your family along with your brother in my thoughts, prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this as well and I promise you, I will pray for him along with my family and friends whom I pray for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that what John Ritter died from? Except his wasn't diagnosed until after he died. I hope your brother gets surgery fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, either. He seemed like such a decent human being as well as talented actor. ~sigh~ Your well wishes mean a lot. Thank you, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!