Sunday, January 3, 2021

A Holiday Surprise

Late on Saturday December 26th, I got the urge to check a local animal shelter for available cats. Lo and behold, I saw a picture of a little black kitty named Luna, the moniker I gave our precious stray who adopted me in 1999. It seemed like a sign to fill out the online adoption form. With my husband unaware, I noted this fact and lack of certain adoption plans. A positive comprehensive phone interview ensued, during which I asked if they had young siblings available. They did, and encouraged us to visit with cat carriers on hand.

Fast forward to Tuesday, the 29th. We went to the shelter. Unsure what to expect, my husband and I were led to visit a pair of three month old kittens named Luna (!) and Beauty. We fell in love with these dolls and brought them home that afternoon. Jezebel isn’t thrilled so far, but she’s behaving well as expected and adapting.



Above, the sleeker Luna is preparing to ambush her sister. On that note we have decided to change their names. Greeting another Luna messes with my head. And my little brother nicknamed his now ex-girlfriend Beauty, their breakup unpleasant. Ugh…

On a fun note, these darlings have extra toes, an interesting mutation made famous by enthusiast Ernest Hemmingway. Even cooler, our honeymoon spent on Key West included a visit to the author's home.

Look at those toes!


What do you think of the names Terra and Polly? Spellings aside, can you guess the inspiration? And how would you address a bold kitten as anything other than some fierce flying dinosaur?

~wink~

Happy New Year!

29 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! haha....and you went with two! I am having an issue getting Lily to not be jealous of Misty. Course it don't help that Misty is on top of me every time down. I hate that it makes Lily jealous but I love it!! haha....So I have to ask, Luna wanting to start drinking? Good thing there was not bottles of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's really exciting news! Welcome home Terra and Polly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great names and adorable kitties. I love black cats the very best.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day, honey. Scritches to the kitties and a hug to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what beautiful furbabies! Congratulations on the new additions to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new family members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about calling one Paws and the Other Claws??? Tee hee.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! They are adorable. I hope Tilly decides to befriend them. I like the new names too. Wishing you, your hubby and kitties a happy and healthy new year! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ~hugs~ My best to you and yours, too.

      Delete
  8. They are adorable! I think Terra and Polly are PURRFECT! I LOVE the extra toes too!
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just be careful - they already have opposable thumbs !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Concatulations, and color me green with envy at have polydactyl kitties!
    Two black cats is such a joy, and I think the names are purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind, and an inspiration. Thank you!

      Delete
  11. Nice names Darla. Extra Toes??? Extra toes means extra claws. Be afraid, be very afraid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Thanks. That's what my husband said, too.

      Delete
  12. Checking in on the new babes....hope they are settling in and the family of furs are doing well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Things are good here. I've been so busy taking care of everyone (husband, kitties, and fish) that my computer time is limited. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your new additions! That's fabulous you adopted a pair of siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's so nice! Congrats! Hope Jezebel has got used to the new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just checking in to see how the new babes are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to post again. They've been keeping me busy, for sure.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!