Friday, January 22, 2021

Update on My Big Brother

The outpouring of support has been fantastic from all over, and I thank our lovely blogging community for the kind words. Brian is currently undergoing lengthy heart surgery.

Here he is, a proud new grandpa many months ago.

His ex-wife, I am happy to say, is by his side. She reported that there was extensive damage to the aorta and the operation will go on for an estimated two or three more hours as of 19:30. That's a total of at least eight hours starting around 13:00 EST, but I can't help feeling hopeful. ~fingers crossed~ I've been told this hospital and it's staff have an excellent reputation.

-

23 comments:

  1. More mega prayers from all of us and thanks for giving us an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad he can have someone with him as so many hospitals no longer allow that because of COVID. I am praying. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. I think the fact Robin is an active, registered nurse helped get her access. It must bring comfort to their sweet daughters.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, Darla- we just woke up and read these. We're sending our prayers, purrs, thoughts and well-wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness he is not alone. I will as ask in my prayer that he not be afraid.

    You must be right. She being an RN was a help as a friend of mine got to have her brothers in with her before her surgery probably as one was a PA and the other, a NP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surgery makes all the difference in the world. Prayers continue. Please keep us informed.

    Big healing hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purring for your brofur; sounds like he's in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one long operation. How is he by now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. Sorry it took me so long to update. The kittens kept me busy. :) Be well!

      Delete
  8. So glad to hear he got his transfer. Hopefully by the time I'm writing this, all has finished and it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh... That's pretty serious stuff Darla. Praying for a speedy recovery for him. I actually did, I said a prayer just then for him. Sometimes people say I'll keep you in my prayers but I wonder if they really do or if it's just a comforting thing that we say in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!