Saturday, March 14, 2020

Snail Reveal

It seems my snail in yesterday's time lapse video was not as obvious as I thought. Heh... Here is a reveal, then, starting with this screen capture of the little guy trundling along..




In the next freeze frame, you can see where the disruptive goby flipped the snail over, off to the side. The creature spent several minutes closed up in that shell before once more venturing forth, but no mollusks were harmed in the making of this film. ~grin~ At bottom is the video again in case you're interested.

Did you know that the arthropod family includes lobsters, crabs, shrimp, scorpions, and butterflies? Do you think those 'flying flowers' are tasty as lobster?
-

9 comments:

  1. I can see him now, but didn't yesterday at all. I think it was that fish darting in and then out that took my attention.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought. :) Best wishes, my dear.

      Delete
  2. What is your snail's name? My sister in law has been caring for a fish for years now, that she took over from someone else. She even took the fish camping. It's not a nice fish, it will bite your finger, but I can't recall the species. It's blue. She has it named but I can't remember its name either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping, huh? That's hilarious. I bet it's a beta. That is one of few species that doesn't require extra heat or filtration, just regular water changes. As for my snails, I'm not even sure how many I have! You see, I received a few more than ordered (3) and Aquatic Arts sent a few extra, apparently in case some didn't survive (the small, home grown business guarantees 100% survival) and these guys spend a good deal of daytime buried in the sand. I don't mind, as it makes finding them half hidden or see one or two 'waking up' at fish feeding time extra fun. Thanks for asking, and sharing this story.

      Delete
  3. As I've never tried lobster (not a fan of shellfish), I couldn't say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those "families" are kind of weird, aren't they? Butterflies do not seem to be in this "bunch"! -smile-

    Stay safe and calm...
    🌱🌱🌱

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!