Saturday, March 7, 2020

Just Another Walk in the Park, a Not-So Bad Egg, & Best Intentions

I returned to the riverside bike path on Thursday to enjoy the sunshine and warmth. My timing could not have been better, as yesterday turned snowy and very windy. So I enjoyed the YMCA pool instead. At any rate, I thought to share some video of the view, nothing like our nation's coastal beauty but it's what we have and I'm grateful.



Before my swim yesterday, I boiled some eggs, more than I wanted at the time as they are so convenient to grab for breakfast or a snack. Pulling one from the refrigerator today I broke the shell open to find a gelatinous, half frozen lining. Peeled away in a bowl of warm water showed something most interesting. The egg white developed this golf ball like, bumpy texture. It tasted fine, I'm happy to note, but seems time we turn up the fridge temperature.


Tea Time or Tee Time?

As for good intentions, things went absurdly awry on that wintry day we bought all those flats of water. Nearing the store's exit I noticed a young foreign couple with an infant and bid them pass us. To my surprise the clerk checking cart contents against receipts acted contentious upon their approach.

Unable to hear what transpired, I thought perhaps the couple attempted to walk out with something not purchased, which seemed odd considering their precious cargo and the fact she let them leave with a parting scowl. I dismissed the employee's apology over the minor delay and made some comment as to what might have been the issue. As it happened, she became angry thinking they cut in front of us.
~sigh~ My explanation made her feel sorry, but at least I managed to relay events to the couple just outside.

Isn't it sad how true the phrase 'no good deed goes unpunished' can be? T
hough I rather wish he had, wasn't it nice of the father not to drag me into the dispute?

-


8 comments:

  1. Yes, it was nice of him. That egg does look like a golf ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I boil eggs for easy snacks too! But I've never seen one like that. I know that feeling about no good deed goes unpunished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stream of water reminded me of my home state of Kerala, which has a lot of rivers, streams and backwaters.

    I regularly have boiled eggs, minus the yellow (because of cholesterol factor), but never saw one like this.

    I can very well relate to the feeling of 'no good deed goes unpunished'. I have had my share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reply. I'll have to look up Kerala now. :)

      Delete
  4. I boil eggs the night before for breakfast (so I can get out quickly in the morning). Because I have had many, many issues with peeling the eggs, I peel them after I boil them. Then I store them in a container with water. That way, I can just pull them out of the fridge when I'm ready for them, and all the prep is done. Just eat and go.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!