Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Bedraggeled Beauty & Fantastical Fun - a Random Virtual Tour of My Eclectic Aquarium Design (I spent too long goofing around and I'm too tired to reorganize the images)

Robin on a Rainy Day

Backside of Miniature Seahorse 'Aquarium'

A Trio of (Vintage) Goldfish Encounter the Goth Garden

Silly serpent eating a faded & once floating fake lionfish

Japanese Village

Floating islands inspired by  overpriced online merchandise.
I repurposed old decor using scissors & lots of super glue.
Suspended from excess air tubing via fishing line, they
are occasional hangouts for my spotfin gobies.

Fantasy Section: Mermaid on Manta Ray Meeting Unicorns
The 3D laser glass of mother & colt were gifted long ago
by my dear big brother S and sweet sister (-in-law) T

I searched for these tank safe LEDs to enhance my
two unicorns without being quite so blinding
as lit displayed on a shelf. The mermaid
figurine was a vintage eBay find
(Lucky me on all counts!)

Decorative Sea Horse Aquarium (within an Aquarium)

16 comments:

  1. And I thought I was cool with Greek columns in our old fish tank, set up like Atlantis! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see a photo of that. :) Mine is a bit overboard. Heh...

      Delete
  2. Precious...

    And an always changing view, to keep calm, with...

    Gentle hugs,
    πŸŒΈπŸ’œπŸŒΈπŸ’œπŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I never had much luck with fish. I just never got the knack of properly taking care of them.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Be well, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had lots of ups and downs, for sure. Take care!

      Delete
  4. OOPS, are we bored?!! I managed to get my big computer set up, but not sat up! HAHA, its in the den on the desk but not hooked up. That is where I have my fun program on there to play with. I have not set and played on that in FOREVER. Have fun. I have always loved watching fish swim around. Would turn the lights out and the one of the tank on, just watching. Relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm not bored. We've been happy introverted homebodies for years. Heh... I'm glad you're settling in. ~hugs~ And yes, they are relaxing to watch as long as things are peaceful. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've created a fantastical and beautiful seascape for your sea creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's good to have joyfully taken back the hobby after all the fish killed by a parasite back in January of 2019.

      Delete
  6. I like aquarium. It is always fascinating to see the fish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos. I like your aquarium decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!