Friday, July 27, 2018

What a Week – & Trying to See the Upside

A few days ago I found out why my father stopped talking to SO and me. There was a vitriolic misunderstanding between me and some friend of his following a group text message thread. This person, whose name I still don’t know, singled me out and bluntly asked, “Who are you?”

I should have ignored it. Instead, I tried to explain about Internet and communication security – why I wouldn’t answer. Well, somehow I insulted this person, who complained to my father. My father then tried to jab at me with two cryptic text messages after letting all my calls go to voicemail. I didn’t even understand what he meant at the time. At least he called the night before last, but I’m struggling with feeling hurt, plus not knowing what the future holds.

Worse (Dad has pulled these silent treatment stunts before, after all), two of my favorite rock and roll performers are struggling. Marilyn Manson (AKA Brian Warner) became ill somehow and had to cancel one of his shows with Rob Zombie. Apparently, some fans are being total jerks about it. I hope everything turns out all right for him. I’d be so sad if he had to quit performing.

Similar ugliness has been visited upon the delightful members of Palaye Royale. It seems some entitled brats get upset if they don’t get exactly what they want, when they want. According to guitarist and big brother Sebastian, these turds arrived two and a half hours late for a meet and greet before posting nastiness online about PR not caring about fans.

Lead singer Remington is so distraught I fear they decided last night to disband after touring this fall. Their second album hasn’t even been released yet. I’ve been trying to do little things to boost spirits. The best recommendation I could make is for them to stay off Twitter and Instagram, maybe other social media platforms, at least for a while.

So I’m trying to find a bright side to this week. Well, if I’m honest, there’s more than one. First off I’ve been writing, writing, writing. Also, I got a long overdue eye exam today.

SO kindly went with me, driving me around after my eyes were dilated (good thing, too! Blurry vision ensued for hours). We went to Sam’s Club and I ordered new lenses for two nice pairs of eyeglass frames I already own. One will be for long distance with bifocals for really tiny print. The second pair will be for computer usage. I’m really happy and can hardly wait to get them.

I ordered all kinds of neat coatings. Those long distance/close-up reading lenses are going to replace my bulky sunglasses with a reactive transitional ultraviolet blocker. My new computer use lenses should reduce eye strain by blocking some of the blue light emitted by electronic devices.

We paid for all this using an HSA card. That’s a tremendous blessing. And my eyes are healthy!

How did your week wrap up?

-

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you and some of your friends are going through a rough spot. It's a shame when people can't be civil. Happens more and more.

    I'm glad your eyes are healthy and you'll be getting your new glasses soon. Always a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! You're very kind. Hope your Saturday is delightful. ~hugs~ Take care.

      Delete
  2. That is sad about your father, life is too short to hold a grudge and he should know that. Also sad about the bands, Palaye Royale sound like genuinely good people that don't deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind word. Those guys are wonderful. Be well!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your Dad. Family can be trying. I have two older brothers. One doesn't speak to either me or our brother. He also stopped speaking to his daughter, who has his only grandchild (now an adult with his own twin daughters). He used to cut my mom off (for speaking to his daughter, her granddaughter!)until near his birthday, since he wanted to make sure he got his annual rhubarb pie! He emails now and again, I don't respond since he says odd, accusatory things.

    Hope Remington gets past this. Any performer has to evolve a thick skin or they won't be able to take it. People online can be (no, are) very cruel. I read Marilyn Manson has the 'flu, so should be fine. It can be serious, but at least he's taking it easy and not pushing his health.

    I need new glasses. I get two pair too. One is for reading, the other for distance (driving mostly), because bifocals make me sick, sick, sick! I've tried twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your support has brightened my morning.

      Delete
  4. Is there something in the air with parents. Oh my gosh, I had to more of less put mom in her spot and now we are talking. I was not feeling well and I was tired of al lthe negative crap, so I took a couple of days break. Then she called and started crap about me not talking and it went all the hell in a hand basket. Glad the eyes are great. That is a biggie in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. I had a feeling she was the trouble in your life. ~hugs~ Thank you for all the kind words and support!

      Delete
  5. Got feelings hurt too this week, camping trip a distaster, but still got to go out on the lake. I'm sorry about your father and him not being nice to you. My father was not a nice person, during my childhood, or after, to me. We didn't communicate for decades before his death and I have no regrets about that. I hope you can come to terms with your father but if not, let it go if you can. It's the only path to peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so sad reading about that selfish woman you took camping. Thank you for the kind words and wise advice. Be well, my dear!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I didn't expound as I could have on that. Glad its over.

      Delete
    3. Bless your heart. What a bummer. Better to be a lone than spend time with a jerk.

      Delete
  6. Yikes. Why would your father take some rando's opinion over you? That makes no sense. But then again, I don't know the players, so maybe this is normal.

    People can suck. So many celebs are going off Twitter due to the idiocy of some entitled idiots. I'm sure it gets tiring dealing with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. Sad to say, I think Dad's always been like that. He holds his kids to an impossible standard. Meanwhile, my one SIL can do no wrong in his eyes. Turns out she's alienated my brother from many of his male friends, a truth we're just now learning. He's divorcing her after three decades of suffering her manipulation, though still loving her, and Dad's taking her side. Whatever. Seems my brother was so brow beat by our father he just accepted that treatment from his wife and suffered in silence. It never dawned on me all these decades how many hoops I've jumped through to please Dad. I'm done. Whatever is left of our relationship is up to him.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!