Saturday, July 14, 2018

Rainbow Snippet for July 14th and 15th



Wow! It’s almost mid July but feels like August with this heat. At least the vegetable garden is happy. We’ll be making fresh salsa later this afternoon. Yum.

Thanks to the lovely Facebook writers of Rainbow Snippets being so welcoming and encouraging, I have another bit of LGBTQIA+ oriented prose to offer this weekend. I hope you’ll check out some of what these other great folks are sharing, linked here.

In this scene, two platonic friends are on the verge of becoming more. Intimacy and erotic power exchange are implied, so please be warned. I hope you enjoy.

Snippet:

I stilled, crouching in the middle of the floor a safe few feet from him. A purr erupted from my chest followed by his growl conveying a very important message.

I cleared my throat, saying, “I need you to say the words.”

“I want you,” said Johnny, a teacher’s pet in his linebacker’s body.

Some of the most powerful people, from every walk of life in this world, needed to relinquish control now and again. Telling myself Johnny Wainwright needed it I recognized my able willingness to take responsibility over my friend’s will and fulfill his needs.

~

How is your weekend shaping up?

#rainbowsnippets
_

24 comments:

  1. Fun snippet. I love how Johnny doesn't even hesitate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This moment of vulnerability in accepting control gives an extra level of depth to his dominance...well done!

    I should be working on a couple of Works in Progress, but I keep getting distracted. I'm going to a friend's birthday party later tonight and meeting another friend tomorrow while doing the Farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hey, it's good to socialize, too. ~hugs~ I don't do that enough. Be well and have fun.

      Delete
  3. Well done, I like the purr part :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the back and forth. The purr then the growl, the demand and instant response. Very nice. I have so much to do this weekend that I can't settle to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the thoughtful response and kind words. I hope you get some good things accomplished.

      Delete
  5. The weather turned very hot here suddenly in the valley, up in mid 90's. I don't really mind the heat, hot like your story, lol, although that kind of heat makes me a bit uncomfortable, being a prude and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the heat anymore. Ugh.. I hope I gave you adequate warning about the content. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  6. Lots happening in your writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sooo many short stories. ~grin~ Thank you for the boost. Be well!

      Delete
  7. wow...very nice. I also love your view of the umbrella that you sit under while writing. The weather here was really hot yesterday, today I woke to thunderstorms and the weather was a lot cooler, thank goodness! I have found it is the humidity that I can't handle, heat not so much but in TN you don't have heat without the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. You're very kind. I more often sit on the back porch where it's cooler, but when we have a rare sunny day without excessive heat and humidity, this is a fun alternative from which I can watch my hummingbird feeder. Be well!

      Delete
  8. Awesome lot happening in your writing! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you are busy writting but we need you to get back to blogging also....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right. ~grin~ I've just posted something. Be well!

      Delete
  10. So true about relinquishing control

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you approve. You made me smile. Thanks for your time.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!